EJM Scheduled Ops NO MORE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

linder

Kind of curious about the wording in the contract (section 1) about EJM not being allowed to operate any scheduled service under 121 or 135. Does this mean that NJA pilots are going to be flying the scheduled runs out of Midway that EJM was planning? Hmmmmm, looks like a perfect fit for all the ex-regional guys we have here.

EJM under Part 380

linder said:
Kind of curious about the wording in the contract (section 1) about EJM not being allowed to operate any scheduled service under 121 or 135. Does this mean that NJA pilots are going to be flying the scheduled runs out of Midway that EJM was planning? Hmmmmm, looks like a perfect fit for all the ex-regional guys we have here.

Umm, not sure about the pilot angle, but if EJM is flying scheduled service they will do it under Part 380 not 121 or 135 based on the # of flights they are planning. It appears to be a significant # (40+ per week).

Holden1

linder said:

Linder - sounds like you're an NJA pilot. Check the union board. The question has been asked and then answered by a member of the MEC.

Guitar Guy said:
Linder - sounds like you're an NJA pilot. Check the union board. The question has been asked and then answered by a member of the MEC.

I still refuse to participate in that board. I got tired of seeing all the crazy comments, and I don't need the hazing I would get if I stated my opinions (and I promise you that you wouldn't like them). Never post anything under your real name!!!

linder said:
I still refuse to participate in that board. I got tired of seeing all the crazy comments, and I don't need the hazing I would get if I stated my opinions (and I promise you that you wouldn't like them). Never post anything under your real name!!!

Linder - you don't need to post over there. Simply go on and read some of the threads. The MEC and NC people have been responding to questions from the membership. In fact, there is a separate area with separate topics for each section of the contract. Section 1 covers scope and the question about EJM scheduled service is answered.

It's worth a few minutes of your time to just read what the MEC/NC people are posting.

Linder- Take the time and read the board. Trust me flightinfo is not the place to get information. There are a lot of guys with the same idea that you have that are posting there over there right now.

The board is also broken up into sections so that you can just look at questions about the TA or see anouncements or talk to compliance comittee members.

I would highly recomend it.

Any scheduled service other than for a single owner is going to be done by pilots on the IBT 1108 seniority list.

Example: Company ABC wants to run a scheduled service on a ERJ between KDEF and KGHI 5 times a week to move personel around between branches. EJM can manage that aircraft and supply pilots.

Second example: NetJets Aviation, Inc. or any affiliate wants to start a scheduled 135 or 121 service between city pairs such as LA - Chicago and Chicago - NY. Those passengers can be owners, card holders or just ticket holders. IBT 1108 pilots will be flying those flights.

Clear enough?

Last edited:
How did you guys manage to suddenly start making policy now for EJM? I can see your valid argument for NJI as they essentially do the same thing that EJA does. EJM doesn't do fractional flying other than the overflow for NJA/Marquise and now you say that ANY scheduled service, other than corporate shuttles, WILL be flown by the Brotherhood. Did someone see something that might be a good thing and want a piece of the action? Is it even legally enforceable?

Latest resources

Back