Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crewing

AND....
the last of the G400's (1) will be delivered in Feb. Most likely the G450's and G550's in the future will roll into the "5" fleet. Then all new hires will go to the existing GIVSP and G400's. But, stranger things have happen.....

Its the smartest move for the money.

"Still Climbing"
TCA

N.j.i.

I think that is N.J.I. now. Those figures have been and prob. will remain U.F.O.'s, sorry bout that.

The only thing I would bet on is 5 years to left seat.

Happy Holidays

"Still Climbing"
TCA

I don't think it's too big a secret. First year guys are starting around 66K if they don't have a G4 or 5 type and around 71K if they do. That's about all you can count on. We don't have a pay scale so your raises are dependent on what percentage increase the company doles out. It's been about 3% the last couple of years and will probably stay there for the foreseeable future. Five years to left seat is what we're hoping for now. No guarantees!!! Starting captain pay is now around 90K (no matter how long you wait.)

since it's the other side of the company.

If you were in the right seat and made lets say 95k you would have to take a pay cut to move to the left seat?

heh heh!

Diesel said:
since it's the other side of the company.

If you were in the right seat and made lets say 95k you would have to take a pay cut to move to the left seat?
That's a good question. From a practical standpoint, though, it won't happen that way. The salary jump to captain has historically been around 17%, so if you've got FOs making over 90k by the time they upgrade, you can expect a commensurate hike in Captain pay. If there isn't, like any offer, you could accept or decline of course. As someone else already pointed out, raises are based solely on the economic health of the company, so why would I take a pay cut which would never match a hypothetically higher FO salary to become a captain? The beauty of our management team, however, has always been that they usually look after what's fair and best for us all. While we don't have a firm answer to your question, I think it's safe to say most of us aren't losing any sleep over it.

Latest resources

Back