EJI Hiring Again? Any Update? GIVSP vs. GV

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

Yes, I know this post seems to come around every few weeks... However, a friend of mine met an EJI newhire in Hilton Head a few weeks ago and said that a bunch of guys had been hired recently. I can't recall if I had heard the same on these boards...

So, does anyone know if EJI will continue hiring in the near-to-medium term? Is this hiring due to attrition or due to fleet growth? Can newhires start on the GV as an FO - and if that happens are they assigned to the GV without any GIVSP flying? Are the new G550s being integrated into the fleet? Also, if there are any EJI guys out there, what percentage of your flying is international?

Lastly, I know that there appears to be a lot of animosity between the EJI and the EJA groups (who believe the EJI guys will be stapled onto the bottom of the list, etc.) - let's not make this a bash fest.... No politics here - I just want an update on the hiring situation and to understand the GV vs. GIVSP situation.

Thanks

Great place to work if you want to see the world.
Most of the pilots at NJI are great to fly with!
Decent pay and a schedule too! Live where you want to live!

On Your Six said:
So, does anyone know if EJI will continue hiring in the near-to-medium term? Is this hiring due to attrition or due to fleet growth? Can newhires start on the GV as an FO - and if that happens are they assigned to the GV without any GIVSP flying? Are the new G550s being integrated into the fleet? Also, if there are any EJI guys out there, what percentage of your flying is international?
Yes, hiring expected to continue, but you'd better have had a resume in for a couple of years, and have a type rating.

New hires are placed in a/c depending on need, so if we take delivery of a 550 right around the time you're due to complete training, you'll get the 550 as an FO. If we're getting a IV, you'll go in that. Manning req's drives what you get.

Int'l flying was about 50% for me this year. Seems like I spent the last half of the year in Europe.

psysicx said:
Is the 7/7 schedule that bad?And do you ever fly to Aisa?
I'm too new to be on 7/7. Haven't been to Asia yet; not too practical on the 6/5 schedule, and with a one-yr-old, I'm not too willing to work extended trips.

Schedules

7 on 7 Off
17 Day Schedule >> You will know which 17 days you are working on the 15th of the month prior
Flex >> More Money and they can use you up to 21 days in a month.. also more money for working 20 or 21 days

Latest resources

Back