EFB (iPad) distrubution question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

matthewjohn

If you are more than a one or two pilot operation, does your department supply an iPad for each pilot and make it their responsibility or do the have a "ship set" and have someone delegated to keeping them updated and maintained?

Thx

Ipad for each with one spare. Problem with updates(using Foreflight) is some of the guys have a DSL connection. That will take many, many hours so I tend to do the updates for those guys.

Each pilot should get one. We had to buy our own, but the company provides the Jeppesen subscription.
Like Kingarrick says it's a matter of seconds to download.

We keep a 3G version on the airplane. Works better that trying to keep several updated with subscriptions, etc.

We're a 2 pilot, 1 airplane operation. I have an iPad and my partner is soon going to get one, now that we have seen it in action. I expensed it to the company along with all software and hardware.
We're gonna wait till Jepp gets geographical referencing before we ditch the paper and switch, but for now we use Foreflight w/ paper back-up.

We are days from starting our 6 month period of testing so we may remove all paper from the plane Jepps, Manuals, checklists, etc. We are issuing each pilot their own iPad but they sign a contract that states they will not install anything other then company, aircraft or FAA materials on the iPad. Each iPad is subject to check by myself or the DO at any point and if we find any non company specific material the pilot is fined $100 for each occurrence. The contract also states the pilot will return the iPad in the same condition, other then standard wear and tear, upon termination or resignation or he/she will have a lien in the equal amount to the iPad placed on the individual.
I know this all sounds extreme but this is an expensive item.

We are days from starting our 6 month period of testing so we may remove all paper from the plane Jepps, Manuals, checklists, etc. We are issuing each pilot their own iPad but they sign a contract that states they will not install anything other then company, aircraft or FAA materials on the iPad. Each iPad is subject to check by myself or the DO at any point and if we find any non company specific material the pilot is fined $100 for each occurrence. The contract also states the pilot will return the iPad in the same condition, other then standard wear and tear, upon termination or resignation or he/she will have a lien in the equal amount to the iPad placed on the individual.
I know this all sounds extreme but this is an expensive item.

Sounds like you don't trust your pilots.

Latest resources

Back