EDS in Dallas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AV8R4 said:
Why don't you come back then. There are plenty of corporate ops on the field and I am sure that you could hook up with one of them.

As much as I loved Mckinney and Stonebridge Ranch I cant go back. I am now back living in my hometown and flying a Heavy Coporate jet for a Part 91 company and bringing in some nice coin. Plus I have another business that I am involved in that keeps me busy 5 days a week (and some weekends)

Have some Fried Pickle Chips and an ice cold Fat Tire for me at Sweet Tomatoes. I hope to come back sometime and visit the town and the friends I made there.

Used to tow gliders at AeroCountry '90-'92. What a fun little airport. Amazing how it's built up around there now. Do we know each other Kitty?

sweet tom

I hate to break the news to you danger but sweet toms close down this year.

Swaayze said:
Used to tow gliders at AeroCountry '90-'92. What a fun little airport. Amazing how it's built up around there now. Do we know each other Kitty?

Swaayze,

I dont think so. I didn't start flying gliders until 2003 and that was out at Caddo Mills. We had a great little operation out there until the Piece of $hit owner of the airport changed management at Southwest Soaring. My instructor told me to run not walk away from that operation. Soon later airplanes and gliders started crashing.

I know that they dont do anymore glider operations out at Aerocountry anymore. Thats too bad but I heard that the glider folks and the powered airplane folks were butting heads. I guess that it easy to do since there are more than a few a$$holes out at Aerocountry.

DK

AV8R4 said:
I hate to break the news to you danger but sweet toms close down this year.

AV8R4,

Do you know what happened? That place was always packed when I was there. Thats really too bad. First the jail shut down and now this?:(

Is Mama Emilia's and the Woodfired Grill still there? How about The Londoner?

yes

Danger,

Yes to the last three. I drove by STs the other day and it looks like they are remodeling or something. They have the place gutted. My wife told me that a new place is opening there soon but I don't have any details.

Eds

I'd venture to guess the next pilot hired at EDS will be someone with fixed and rotary wing ratings. That person will fly the 601 or GV and the S76.

Gatorman where did you fly Hornets?

S/F
Fortunate

F100

Gatorman is a tech and worked on those aircraft. I don't believe he flew any of them.

Latest resources

Back