EDS in Dallas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tk855

Does anyone have any type of information on EDS's (Electronic Data Systems) flight department? I am doing some research and would appreciate any type of information. Thanks in advance.

not in Dallas

EDS moved from Dallas to McKinney earlier this year.

They are operating a 601 Challenger and two GV's....oh an some whirly bird thingy.

...nice hangar though.:)

Eds

Have you been to the hangar Gatorman? I am in Mckinney as well. The chopper is an S76. Very nice.

I used to live in Mckinney and used to hang out alot at Aero-Country airport. When I got furloughed from AA I (like everyone else) was looking for work in the DFW area.

Too make a long story short I got to know an EDS Exec pretty well that owned his own hangar out at Aero-Country. He stated that EDS was going no where fast and that the idiots running that place would destroy a once great company (his words not mine)

Made it sound like EDS was on borrowed time.

That probably doesn't change your decision in trying to get a job there (if you are) but it doesn't sound like they are in the best financial shape.

Dangerkitty said:
I used to live in Mckinney and used to hang out alot at Aero-Country airport. When I got furloughed from AA I (like everyone else) was looking for work in the DFW area.

Too make a long story short I got to know an EDS Exec pretty well that owned his own hangar out at Aero-Country. He stated that EDS was going no where fast and that the idiots running that place would destroy a once great company (his words not mine)

That probably doesn't change your decision in trying to get a job there (if you are) but it doesn't sound like they are in the best financial shape.
Was this recently?

Thanks for all of the information, I appreciate it.

Dangerkitty said:

Unfortunately this sounds like the same story any one of the airlines are in, except for Southwest!

Eds

I don't think that EDS is in any kind of trouble. They just built a 25,000 sq/ft hangar at TKI and if they were in financial distress, I'm sure they would be selling some aircraft instead of expanding their ops. Just my opinion.

Flying Illini said:
Was this recently?

It was about a year ago. However, I did just look at the financial statements and balance sheets and it looks like they are doing quite well.

He was probably just a bitter employee.

Dang I miss Mckinney.:(

Kitty

Why don't you come back then. There are plenty of corporate ops on the field and I am sure that you could hook up with one of them.

Latest resources

Back