• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here are some quotes from 121 pilots:

"Man we can do it. 41 it."

"410 it dude!"

"4-1-0! 4-1-0!"

And if you want more, search for the discussions after the PCL 3701 accident. There seemed to be a whole bunch of current 121 guys who lack basic systems knowledge and basic high-altitude aerodynamics knowledge. As well as others who have admitted to setting the autopilot to 2000 FPM climb, both pulled out the USA today, and were rudely interrupted by the stick shaker going off.

But hey, they're more structured than us 91 pukes. :rolleyes:

AZ Typed said:
Here we go again. You need 5000 hours to mentor an E pilot? Give me a break. You need 3000 PIC to mentor an E pilot? Spare me. I have yet to fly with a competent pilot outside of 121 -
AZT

Hey kid, your a complete idiot. You just havent been around long enough and your very knaive. So, I'll let your incompetence slide based on those facts. All too often we seem to run into cocky and arrogant pilots such as yourself. When you have been around long enough, perhaps you wont make such infantile remarks.

This Eclispe mentor program is going to be interetsing. First, hopefully Eclipse can get their gear warning horns working on those planes, otherwise that will have to rasie the price for the mentor! I cant wait to see what the Javelin mentor requirement is going to be.

b__tch please......

I knew FL410 was coming, and glad it did, that along with AA down south ("hey, where is this thing going?") and many other examples, 121 has a full share of idiots. I dont think any one group of aviators is exempt from the jacka$$ factor.

My experience in 91 & 135 has been the the polar opposite of AZT. Certainly the aviators I have had the pleasure to fly with understood high altitude operations and aerodynamics.

Further, a very close friend (furloughed from your 121 mecca) went through Simuflite and said he felt he was barely going to make it, and couldnt believe that 2-4 week courses were normal.

Not neccessarily trying to flame, but come on.....

Brett Hull said:
Here are some quotes from 121 pilots:

And if you want more, search for the discussions after the PCL 3701 accident. There seemed to be a whole bunch of current 121 guys who lack basic systems knowledge and basic high-altitude aerodynamics knowledge. As well as others who have admitted to setting the autopilot to 2000 FPM climb, both pulled out the USA today, and were rudely interrupted by the stick shaker going off.

But hey, they're more structured than us 91 pukes. :rolleyes:

Of course we could also pull out the numerous NTSB reports of 91/135 pilots doing ridiculously odd things as well, right? Ducking under, not getting deiced, taking off overweight, etc.

The previous poster is correct - all aspects of aviation have its share of idiots. I just hope I don't become one of them someday.

-Neal

casper1nine said:
i don't think this is quite the same as pft.

-casper

I would have to agree with this belief.

Latest resources

Back