Eclipse Jet lands gear-up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WizardPilot said:
haha, I think we all do buddy. I was this close to going to be a flight academy dood too. But then I went to the mormon town university BYU, so I get it for that all the time. Now, we just need to learn to dish it out...
I think the "outside" people think everyone here walks around in a flight suit, their David Clarks around their neck, and a pocket size E6B at all times....

Some of you better hope this doesn't happen to you. Even if you do all the checklists, sometimes you can be so tired/busy/having a bad day, that you may just read the checklist without checking. Never make fun at someone for landing with the gear up, next time it may be you.

gkrangers said:
I think the "outside" people think everyone here walks around in a flight suit, their David Clarks around their neck, and a pocket size E6B at all times....
Not at all times...ever try to catch a jump or take a dump with all that stuff on?

Wizard--I only know 1 ERAU grad, but I don't think you would've made it there because you can't spell the word "dude"! (All in fun)

VaB said:
Those that have and those that will.

Good one. No one is perfect. I had a near gear up when the circut breaker poped on a 172 RG. You couldn't see the green light because of the early morning sun against the panel. Only thing that saved me was the fence check. I fully understand how this could have happend. I doubt the test aircraft was equiped with a gear warning horn or a position light.

GUMPS

G-Gear down
U-Undercarriage down
M-Make sure the gear is down
P-Please put the gear down

S-crap, the gear wasn't down

gkrangers said:
Yep, I'm perfect. I never make mistakes, never will, and I'm much better than you.

Yeah there's a jackass statement... along with Mini's "checklist" comment. When I was an isntructor at Riddle, an instructor on my team who shall remain nameless geared up a Seminole.

There are those who have and those who will....

SIG600 said:
Yeah there's a jackass statement... along with Mini's "checklist" comment. When I was an isntructor at Riddle, an instructor on my team who shall remain nameless geared up a Seminole.

There are those who have and those who will....
Well..my post was a joke...if you couldn't tell.

Latest resources

Back