• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eclipse announces yet another delay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
have you ever had a pax on a light jet say?,"I wish this airplane went slower, was smaller, and had less baggage."

Last i checked you can get a citation one, eagle mod for under 1 million.

http://eclipseaviationcritic.blogspot.com/

You have to check this out.

The part I like is that EA planned (before) to deliver 4-500 aircraft, but there were only 200 engines being made. So, 400 or so Eclipe gliders would require a tow to FL350? It'll make 370 KTAS...in a 20 deg nose dive:laugh:

Already looked at the site. The dude doesn't know much about aviation.

Eclipse is going with another manufacturer to make their specific units in order to complete this year's production planes. They aren't changing to a G1000 system.

C

think some might find the eng-out performance a bit dismal as well...what FAR is it certified under??

The dude doesn't know much about aviation.

Eclipse is going with another manufacturer to make their specific units in order to complete this year's production planes. They aren't changing to a G1000 system.

C

I believe the G1000 idea was a "coulda-woulda-shoulda." They already released the name of the other mfr for the NG upgrade that will be installed after the 1st 100 units are delivered.

Most of the people on that board are current/former Eclipse position holders, some former employees of EA, and others in aerospace manufacturing. If I had money on an Eclipse, and they were having all these problems, and EA was demanding funding to the 60% level or else I'd lose the position and all money on deposit, I'd be very concerned.

I really hoped that EA would make it. I love the concept. However, they are years behind schedule and will spend about $1B before true production gets rolling. It'll be years before the company is profitable.

Nobody gets into business to lose money.

Latest resources

Back