Eat at Wendy's, fly for free = sad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

relief tube

God this industry's getting embarassing. Some in the airline management field need to realize that if you actaully charge a respectable fare, people are still going to buy it. What's next, go to Walmart and buy 10 things made in China, fly free from Baltimore to Orlando?

From Usatoday.com's "today in the sky"

Would you like a free airline ticket with your Wendy's combo meal?
Just a few credits short of a free ticket on AirTran Airways? That's nothing a trip to Wendy's can't take care of. The fast-food restaurant has teamed up with the carrier on a promotion that offers AirTran frequent-flier members one-fourth of a flight credit for every purchase of a combo with drink, or any 20- or 32-ounce drink at participating Wendy's restaurants. For those of you already starting to crunch the numbers in your head, here's how the math breaks down: AirTran offers a free one-way ticket for 8 flight credits, so buying 32 eligible drinks is enough to net you 8 flight credits — or enough for a free one-way ticket. Buy 64 drinks, and you get a free round-trip flight. There is, however, a limit of five drinks per transaction. The details on how to convert the drinks into flights are available on the airline's website, but here's how it works: "Participating" Wendy's will have specially marked combo, 20- and 30-ounce drinks that have a proof of purchase/AirTran flight coupon printed on the cup. Customers must collect those and send them in to the airline, along with a 3x5 notecard containing their contact information and AirTran frequent-flier numbers. Members will receive one flight credit for every four drink coupons, but no single member can redeem more than 128 drink coupons (good for 32 flight credits). AirTran officials tell me the promotion is being offered at more than 3,200 Wendy's across the USA, though some markets are not included. The offer runs through Dec. 31, or while supplies last.Posted 7 a.m. ET

relief tube said:
God this industry's getting embarassing. Some in the airline management field need to realize that if you actaully charge a respectable fare, people are still going to buy it. What's next, go to Walmart and buy 10 things made in China, fly free from Baltimore to Orlando?

From Usatoday.com's "today in the sky"

Would you like a free airline ticket with your Wendy's combo meal?
Just a few credits short of a free ticket on AirTran Airways? That's nothing a trip to Wendy's can't take care of. The fast-food restaurant has teamed up with the carrier on a promotion that offers AirTran frequent-flier members one-fourth of a flight credit for every purchase of a combo with drink, or any 20- or 32-ounce drink at participating Wendy's restaurants. For those of you already starting to crunch the numbers in your head, here's how the math breaks down: AirTran offers a free one-way ticket for 8 flight credits, so buying 32 eligible drinks is enough to net you 8 flight credits — or enough for a free one-way ticket. Buy 64 drinks, and you get a free round-trip flight. There is, however, a limit of five drinks per transaction. The details on how to convert the drinks into flights are available on the airline's website, but here's how it works: "Participating" Wendy's will have specially marked combo, 20- and 30-ounce drinks that have a proof of purchase/AirTran flight coupon printed on the cup. Customers must collect those and send them in to the airline, along with a 3x5 notecard containing their contact information and AirTran frequent-flier numbers. Members will receive one flight credit for every four drink coupons, but no single member can redeem more than 128 drink coupons (good for 32 flight credits). AirTran officials tell me the promotion is being offered at more than 3,200 Wendy's across the USA, though some markets are not included. The offer runs through Dec. 31, or while supplies last.Posted 7 a.m. ET

Why is this a bad thing? Isn't AirTran hiring?

miles otoole said:
Why is this a bad thing? Isn't AirTran hiring?

Yes..all is good if an airline is hiring...

No Worries, I know A school where you can buy your "Fryer time". 2 months and your guaranteed an interview with Mcdonalds, Wendys, and Burger King.

TCBKING said:
No Worries, I know A school where you can buy your "Fryer time". 2 months and your guaranteed an interview with Mcdonalds, Wendys, and Burger King.

Sounds like a steal, except I do not want to be one of those "PF-Fryer-T" guys. :beer: Thanks for the input, maybe if things start to go down hill I'll look into more!!!:laugh:

TCBKING said:

Do they have twin fryer time?

Dangerkitty said:
Do they have twin fryer time?

Not only that, they have a special program for the other companies. 1000 hrs of Taco Building time. IN 1 MONTH!!!!!;)

Latest resources

Back