• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

East/West split up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is one subject Doug Parker can be believed with: the new US Airways will be merged whole or not at all.

Agreed. All you ever hear Parker talk about is finding a merger partner. With new Delta and new United, the only logical USAir partner is AA. The AA name will survive, APA and AWA pilots will get together and vote the Pickleballers out of existence.

Probably eventually merge with a third party such as AA, and find a loophole that would negate the Nic award.

Doubt that JB would be a part of it.

Agree on both counts. Merge with AA. Then the representation election will pit APA/AWA against USAPA. USAPA will lose. Either APA or ALPA wil represent the pilots of "new AA".

Agreed. All you ever hear Parker talk about is finding a merger partner. With new Delta and new United, the only logical USAir partner is AA. The AA name will survive, APA and AWA pilots will get together and vote the Pickleballers out of existence.

That wouldn't bother us, we didn't want USAPA we just DIDN'T want APLA so being APA would be great.

I heard an interesting rumor from an Easty in my JS a couple of days ago. Apparently a group of investor types includeing Waren Buffet are working on trying to figure out how to split Airways back into East and West. This is being done to for two reasons. One is to make the companies profitable and viable again. The other is the East would then be merged with Alaska. The West would then be merged with JB. This was just a rumor of course and we all know how rediculous this process would be. However a JB and West merger would actually make a little sense regarding route structure, fleet type, orders, etc.

That rumor has been going around for two months. It is possible

Is Morgan Fairchild available? That's a possibility too.

Of course with the east MO you'll end up with Morgan Freeman and brag about how much better a cook he is!!:laugh:

I heard an interesting rumor from an Easty in my JS a couple of days ago. Apparently a group of investor types includeing Waren Buffet are working on trying to figure out how to split Airways back into East and West. This is being done to for two reasons. One is to make the companies profitable and viable again. The other is the East would then be merged with Alaska. The West would then be merged with JB. This was just a rumor of course and we all know how rediculous this process would be. However a JB and West merger would actually make a little sense regarding route structure, fleet type, orders, etc.

Warren Buffett had one (bad) experience with UsAirways in the past and I'm sure he doesn't want anything to do with this industry again ever.

That wouldn't bother us, we didn't want USAPA we just DIDN'T want APLA so being APA would be great.
I wonder if you'll feel the same when the Nic award is finally implemented and APA uses that to ratio you in. Don't get me wrong, I believe in DoH, but that ship has sailed for you guys.

I wonder if you'll feel the same when the Nic award is finally implemented and APA uses that to ratio you in. Don't get me wrong, I believe in DoH, but that ship has sailed for you guys.

No s*#t....AA has 47 777's vs. nothing equivalent at US; nearly half of all AA pilots fly 757's or larger vs. maybe 15% for Airways...DOH didn't just sail; it's in pieces at the bottom of the ocean...

No s*#t....AA has 47 777's vs. nothing equivalent at US; nearly half of all AA pilots fly 757's or larger vs. maybe 15% for Airways...DOH didn't just sail; it's in pieces at the bottom of the ocean...

Well in Fudgepackers fantasy world, if American buys Alaska, he is going straight to the left seat of the 777. Reality is that it would go to Arbitration and he would be fenced on the 737 Combi, based in Fairbanks for the rest of his career.....after all, it's only fair. What a Dope.

Again, Sacka your lack of ability to read and understand old posts is astounding.

IF AA and AS merge, I'd be happy with DoH and widebody fences. That's exactly what I'd expect APA to propose.

Latest resources

Back