• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Easiest 737 rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
107k 2nd yr and I just bid all the 100+ tfp lines from the get-go. Got a couple of JA's in there and didn't work the last 3 wks of the yr.

Paying $7k for a useless type rating in an aircraft that most applicants have zero time in is, pure and simple, PFT.

It is the first test LUV puts you through to see what kind of loyal employee you'll be.

I guess I "flunked" the test. I (like many others) didn't pay for my 737 type rating...but still got hired at SWA.

TEjas

The fastest and the cheapest when I did it was FTI in Denver. Great instructors and UAL facilities. If you need your type I would highly recommend you give them a call and see what they offer.

I don't see how it is possible to receive quality training in only 8 days. I heard some less than positive things about this program!

I don't see how it is possible to receive quality training in only 8 days. I heard some less than positive things about this program!

I don't know where you heard less than positive things. I couldn't find anything negative here when I researched them (FTI). And now having been through their type rating course I can highly recommend them.

No type rating course is really going to prepare you to walk out the door and into the left seat of the airplane. And I don't know of any place that even pretends that. All of these courses are designed to meet the FAA requirements to put the type rating on your certificate. And we all know how thoughrough FAA requirment are. Would any of you trust a 1500 hour captain paired with a 250 hour F/O on an jet aircraft even though they meet the FAA minimum requirements?

As to the quality of the training. Let me say this, I felt more knowledgeable about the 737 after two weeks in Denver, than I did in the CRJ after seven weeks of training at a highly respected regional.

Last edited:
Who is saying less-than-positive things about FTI's program? That's where I got my 37 type done, and I couldn't be happier with the way my training went. I've never even met anyone who was displeased with their type program after going through it. Concerned about how you can earn a type rating in eight days? You work your butt off. You're not learning company profiles or ATC procedures, you're learning the plane. This kind of schedule is actually pretty common.

A 737 Type is a 737 Type is a 737 Type...

FTI is a great program, and why the hell do you want to spend an extra week and an extra $2000 at the "other" place for the same Type?!

Another thumbs-up for FTI!

Latest resources

Back