• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EAS Threatened

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A fee you choose to pay. A tax the government puts a gun to your head and gives you the option...........

When you say it's a complete waste of taxpayer money, do you base it on the two or three cities for which Skyway flies the EAS? I don't know if I remember - Manistee, Ironwood and Iron Mountain, right?

I think some of the folks west of the Mississipi might disagree with you on that. Lakes used to do alright on some of their EAS routes in WY - don't know how it is now, though.

-brew3

I'd say the program needs some restructuring, not doing away with. Some of the City's that currently get EAS funding are within reasonable driving distance to a major airport. IGM, PRC, GUP are just a few that I can think of right now.

I'd think that anything that was within 2 hours driving distance of a major airport should not have EAS service.

Look at some of the places in the western plains states though, like Williston and Dickinson, North Dakota. Where are they supposed to go?

move to Bismark or Fargo

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

They should but a reliable long haul capable vehicle. Better yet, put the wheels back on the double-wide and tow the tornado magnet a little closer to real airport.

Hillbillies.

Why should ANYONE but those travelling from those jerkwater towns foot the bill.

Sure you can have air service, the ticket from Boise to Moose Testicle, ID will cost you $17,300. Riiiight. Didn't think you'd like that.

Next...

Last edited:
Just remember, if those hillbillies didn't live up there, who would harvest, heard, whatever, the food that feeds your family?

Or, do you not eat?

I agree that the EAS program is to expansive right now, but I do think that some area's need subsidies to have required service. Think, most of those people don't just go on the EAS airline, they connect to another Airline (maybe yours) and pay money.....that may have not been spent if they had to drive 6 plus hours just to make it to an airport....

I'll have to ask though, if EAS goes by by, does that pretty much equal a by by to Great Lakes???

IP076 said:

I'll have to ask though, if EAS goes by by, does that pretty much equal a by by to Great Lakes???

I thought they were trying to get out of their EAS work anyway. I know when the bailed out of ORD, they got out of a lot of EAS stuff to the you pee. How much stuff out of DEN is EAS?

Granted, I probably grew up in EAS country and didn't know it, but does anybody actually have a list of which cities are EAS cities? If an airport has more than one carrier, does that mean it is NOT EAS?

The majority of Great Lakes' destinations are EAS, and admittedly many of them are not benefitting society. I mean, Pueblo? Practically no passengers, spitting distance from Colorado Springs and drivable to Denver.

Latest resources

Back