• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Earplugs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know I should wear them and I do. I also know that they are dirt cheep. It was more the principal of weather or not an airline should provide hearing protection to pilots. I know they provide ear protection to all the other ramp personel.

Then go grab some earplugs from the same box that the "other ramp personnel" get theirs. It's just not that big an issue. I would think there are much bigger fish to fry than this.

Well since we are not allowed to strike this is all I got. Also, I think the company only provides headphone type ear protection.

trip said:
I heard that at Skywest they let you payroll deduct a couple hundred or so to get you through the first year.

Trip,

Now that was funny

701EV

Whiskey-

I didn't mean that you were complaining here. This board is like having a free shrink so go for it.

But, I wouldn't let not having earplugs rise to the level of darkening the flight manager's or chief pilot's door. They'll remember. Save that for when you really need something.

Heck, Comair has their F/Os go back into the hellhole prior to the last leg of the day to pump oil into the engines.

9 times of 10 the APU is running 6 inches above their heads.

What do you suppose OSHA would say about THAT???

Not only is it unbelievably (and painfully) loud, but it is also hot, filthy, and you run the risk of personal injury. (bleed leak, exhaust leak, hydraulic leak, you name it.)

Latest resources

Back