Earplugs?

Whiskey Tango

Total Time
Does your airline provide flight crews with earplugs for when you are on the ramp?

Palerider957

Total Time
1<
I think OSHA requires that they be provided.

turbodriver

Total Time
enough
Your airline doesn't provide earplugs?!?!

Call OSHA, your union, the FAA and whoever else I forgot about, NOW!!!!!!

That's bull$hit.

bizicmo

Total Time
+1000
My airline didn't technically hand me earplugs but I just went over to the rampy station and grabbed all I wanted.

Workin'Stiff

Fire in 'da hole!!!!
Total Time
Lots..
We've got mountains of them sitting around by our mailboxes...

Bill Mostellar

Total Time
4,000+
Whiskey Tango said:
Does your airline provide flight crews with earplugs for when you are on the ramp?
Huh? What'd you say?

dhc8fo

Total Time
lots
Ours doesn't "supply" them either. I have a plastic case I wear with my badge and I keep a set in there. Replace them when they get funky. Never really realized that they SHOULD give them to us! They SHOULD!!

username

Total Time
They should povide them.

However... you can get ten pairs of ear plugs at Wal-Mart for less than what you tip the van driver. Protect your ears and save the complaining for when you really need something.

trip

Total Time
I heard that at Skywest they let you payroll deduct a couple hundred or so to get you through the first year.

Whiskey Tango

Total Time
I know I should wear them and I do. I also know that they are dirt cheep. It was more the principal of weather or not an airline should provide hearing protection to pilots. I know they provide ear protection to all the other ramp personel.

Yank McCobb

Song and Dance Man
Total Time
Then go grab some earplugs from the same box that the "other ramp personnel" get theirs. It's just not that big an issue. I would think there are much bigger fish to fry than this.

Whiskey Tango

Total Time
Well since we are not allowed to strike this is all I got. Also, I think the company only provides headphone type ear protection.

701EV

Total Time
a lot
trip said:
I heard that at Skywest they let you payroll deduct a couple hundred or so to get you through the first year.
Trip,

Now that was funny

701EV

username

Total Time
Whiskey-

I didn't mean that you were complaining here. This board is like having a free shrink so go for it.

But, I wouldn't let not having earplugs rise to the level of darkening the flight manager's or chief pilot's door. They'll remember. Save that for when you really need something.

FurloughedAgain

Cabin Heating & Air Tech.
Total Time
10000+
Heck, Comair has their F/Os go back into the hellhole prior to the last leg of the day to pump oil into the engines.

9 times of 10 the APU is running 6 inches above their heads.

What do you suppose OSHA would say about THAT???

Not only is it unbelievably (and painfully) loud, but it is also hot, filthy, and you run the risk of personal injury. (bleed leak, exhaust leak, hydraulic leak, you name it.)

wms

billSquared
Total Time

Last edited: