• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Early retirement letter from AA Capt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We're human beings and we like to think what we do with our minds and our hands, or the services we produce, matter for something. Being productive in a positive way is part of the true nature of a healthy human being.

He just realized American has no use for those.

Then again...

Some of us who have left the industry have found that the grass is indeed much tastier on the other side. I quit Delta two years ago (at age 43) for law school and am absolutely loving life.

After 22 years of flying jets - F-16's to 767's - I'd had enough. I don't miss airline flying at all, and find that I'm truly energized by the challenge of pursuing a new career.

To those who remain in the aviation business, I wish the best of luck. To those thinking about bailing, I can honestly say that leaving DAL was the best career decision I've made since UPT...

Cheers,

Felix

Happy for you....but why check F.I. if you do not miss flying one bit?

From the Desk of Mr. Arpey:

Dear Capt. # 67848599

I never have, and never will give a damn about what you want; what you feel you deserve; your problems; aspirations; goals; and overall job satisfaction. I'm here for the cash...go to hell.

I laughed my arse off when I read that one. Especially the employee number! Nice one.

Latest resources

Back