ear health question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Illini,

I had the same problem with my left year a couple of years back. At that time, I was also actively doing a lot of aerobatics. It became a problem that I had to go to the doctor with. Thankfully, I had been putting the earwax cleaner drops in my ear the prior week trying to rid myself of the problem (this loosened up my "plug"). The doctor put this crescent-shaped collection bowl up to the side of my head and birthed a honey-walnut brown/gold sweet potato that would make anyone in Idaho proud! It was the nastiest thing around, but the relief was immediate! Also, I had to take an antibiotic for about a week.

To sum this all up, go to the doctor, if necessary. Also make sure that any antibiotic you are prescribed is on the approved list with the FAA.

fb

Ok so far we have drink water, stop liquor, drink liquor, take antibiotics, flush with rubbing alcohol, decongestants. Wait - nobody mentioned goose grease or eye of newt.

Get your butt to a doc or at least one of the paramedicals out there pronto. No hearee, no flyee!

Latest resources

Back