• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle to be sold!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ha, this is great. Do I have to dress nice for the sale?

AE will be sold to SkyWest.

Upgrade will drop from 5 years to 10 months overnight.

Is AMR short on cash all of a sudden?

AMR has been looking for a 100 seat replacement for years. Selling AE has been a rumor ever since they bought Business Express and Simmons. I find it more likely they start getting rid of E-135s and get AA to fly a 90 seater like the E195.

Is AMR short on cash all of a sudden?

AMR has been looking for a 100 seat replacement for years. Selling AE has been a rumor ever since they bought Business Express and Simmons. I find it more likely they start getting rid of E-135s and get AA to fly a 90 seater like the E195.

the more likely scenario is them buying the 25 CRJ700's and replacing the 135's with these. AA scope currently allows 25 more CRJ's.

i would imagine any larger a/c at Eagle to be the larger CRJ's simply for the fact that the training program is already set up and differences would be all that is needed. that and the APA views the "standup" cabin of the embraer as a mainline type aircraft versus the gate check CRJ.

The only people who believe the 25 CRJs are coming are the same ones that actually believed the original point of this thread.

Not gonna happen.

The only people who believe the 25 CRJs are coming are the same ones that actually believed the original point of this thread.

Not gonna happen.

once the APA contract is ironed out they will be there to replace the 35 seaters. PB wants them. Bain wanted them.

PB wants them. Bain wanted them.

PB wants larger aircraft and Bain recommended larger aircraft. Neither made any mention of the CRJ-700.

There is so much bad blood between AMR and Bombardier over that airplane that neither side would even piss on the other if they spontaneously erupted into flames.

Latest resources

Back