Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Iflyamouse

Is it time for lunch yet?
WASHNGTON (MarketWatch) -- The pilots union for AMR Corp.'s regional carrier said Friday it reached a tentative eight-year labor contract with management that provides greater job security. "This enhanced job security should protect every pilot's job for a minimum of 10 years," said Capt. Tony Gutierrez of the Allied Pilots Association. The new agreement also provides Eagle pilots with career advancement and "the opportunity to share in the economic success of the airline," the union said. Elsewhere, negotiations between American Airlines pilots and management are ongoing. The Allied Pilots Union represents pilots at American and Eagle airlines. Share of AMR declined 1% at last check to $2.86.

Details?

My first thought is I was a little surprised by an 8 year contract? Thought you guys would never do a long-term contract again.

How long did this take to negotiate? A few months? Why does it take APA/AMR 6 years?

Why does it take APA/AMR 6 years?

The first year-ish was under one group of leadership, then Lloyd Hill(I think that was his name) came in and demanded a 54% raise and a bunch of other unrealistic stuff for the next 2-3 years, now the present guy(Dave) is much more level headed. Every time you change leadership, the entire contract demand list seems to change, no continuity. This is a problem in more unions than just APA though.

Getting nervous are we???

Bye Bye--General Lee

Nervous about what? I'm just curious what they don't like about the TA.

More Importantly, why do you care, and why do you find such childish delight in stirring up the pot and reveling in what you feel are the misfortunes of others that you have nothing to do with and you mistakenly feel superior to? I'd love an actual answer without your usual childish rhetoric!

Latest resources

Back