• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle? Stay away newbies!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah in my interview class last year only two out of the eight of us that started the interview made it to the end.
And no indoc was not hard, open book test at the end of the week.

Guess it is still being negotiated. I am sure that they will reach an agreement at some point. This just came today.
The MEC convened via teleconference yesterday to discuss the status of our Letter 3 grievance resolution discussions. The MEC was briefed on the Association’s Tuesday meeting with Peter Bowler, John Hutchinson, Cathy McCann, and Brad Wickman, at which Association representatives revisited the unions’ proposal of one month ago along with the associated financial projections. The goal of the meeting was to ensure that the company understood the tenets of the proposal and associated cost savings to the corporation. It was also an opportunity for the Association to gain insight into management’s current position in these settlement discussions.

We expect a follow up meeting early next week.

The MEC was also briefed on Thursday’s four party teleconference with Arbitrator LaRocco who currently presides over the TWA Employment Opportunity remedy and Order of Recall grievance disputes. On October 11th and 12th, the four parties will meet in California to argue the remedy phase of the TWA Employment Opportunity arbitration. A decision is expected shortly thereafter. A decision in the Order of Recall grievance could arrive at any time.

Your MEC believes that the current ALPA-APA proposal offers substantial, long-term cost savings while quickly resolving Eagle’s current recruitment problem. The MEC also believes that the current union proposal offers the best opportunity to address the broadest range of issues faced by different segments of the Eagle pilot population. Although there is a short-term cost associated with the unions’ proposal, it is outweighed by the savings generated, not to mention any side benefit such as retention, recruitment, and moral.

While technically accurate that the APA was the party that refused to entertain the companies’ counter-proposal, the company was aware that by counter-proposing outside of the framework the unions had proposed, they would likely be functioning outside of the unions’ bottom lines and therefore result in the cessation of discussions.

It is our hope that management will realize that the current settlement framework offers the best chance for success in enhancing Eagle’s cost competitiveness, meeting employee needs for career progression and stability, and creating a long-term and viable corporation. Long-term investment in a guaranteed program of this sort is a smart, financially sound, and necessary choice.
For those of you at Go-jets you may not understand the above terms like "MEC" "union proposal" "grievance" "arbitrator" "APA" "ALPA"

Last edited:
This is nothing new. Even during the hiring binge of 2004, only 4 out of 13 of us were hired that day.

Well yeahh!!!!! That was then, but now is different
that's why avarage mins for an interview now hit the rock bottom.

Well yeahh!!!!! That was then, but now is different
that's why avarage mins for an interview now hit the rock bottom.
The mins are low, but they still are very picky. Dropping more then 50 percent out of the interview before the first day.

How can this be happening....Eagle has alpa.....everything will be FINE! It's not like any other major carrier had a paycut or lost pension's.. they have alpa, GOSH!

We started with 6 in our interview and only ended with 4. One of the guys who was asked to leave had over 1200 multi time.

No thx!! I am with another gig but good luck on training I heard that Indoc is really hard which is kind of ad for any kind of training I guess they want you to know the CP # and address by heart but it doesn't matter how fly the airplane

Check your sources. Indoc was easy and the final test is open book.

Check your sources. Indoc was easy and the final test is open book.

I agree. Indoc was waaaaaay to easy. It usually is. But this is the problem on these FORUMS, everyone just talks as if they really have the facts. But 99.9% of the time, they're not even close.
You get onto eaglelounge or flightinfo, and some guys make it seem as if the sky was falling! and the good Lord has already cursed eagle...LOL. Mean while, you talk to everyone at work and NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE has a clue of what's been going on.
At eaglelounge you've got 8 or 9 douc*ebags talking about "I'm not going to pick up OT!, I'm gonna stand up to management!, that'll show'em!." Mean while the other couple thousand pilots at eagle are picking up OT like crazy and have no idea of the no OT policy that 9 idiots are coming up with.

It's true, basic indoc was easy, but that was just week one of seven weeks. I'm in the middle of this now, and systems is tough! I'm a good student, and this is hard work. Eagle certainly has their issues, but don't knock their selection process, or their training.

Wacoflyr

Latest resources

Back