Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MetroSheriff said:
****This is merely conjecture and idle speculation****

Regretably, I think you'll find that your conjecture is on target and your speculation far from idle.

There are many forked tongues in the DC area.

Only one question - when it comes down to an ALPA Card burning party, do want to do it at Eagles Gilligan's Island in DFW, or ASA's?

ASA's does not have much parking space, but then again, we could let the Skywest guys brings the sticks, graham crackers and marshmillows.

Metrosheriff, your suspicions are those of someone who is uninformed on the outside looking in. I can assure you though, as someone on the inside and informed, it will be the Eagle MEC who will be at the table, not ALPA national. Duane is not going to be ramming anything down the Eagle pilots throat.

Furthermore, the dispute/mediation request/potential negotiations involve the disposition of these 14 A/C only. Of course both the APA and Eagle ALPA would like a broader solution to this problem. If one is found that benefits BOTH pilot groups, so much the better.

Lee Harvey Weorth will not be setting up a rifle in the schoolbook depository building waiting for the Eagle pilots to drive by.

eaglefly said:
Metrosheriff, your suspicions are those of someone who is uninformed on the outside looking in.

Never claimed to be "in the know". Thought I made it clear that it is JMHO. From what I do know of Eagle, I'd rather not be involved with them in any fashion. They just don't treat you very well, no matter what yardstick you use.

I can assure you though, as someone on the inside and informed, it will be the Eagle MEC who will be at the table, not ALPA national. Duane is not going to be ramming anything down the Eagle pilots throat.

I've heard the same chest thumping from Comair/ASA and look at the bitterness and dysfunction in the happy (tic) little DAL/DCI family.

Duane is not going to be ramming anything down the Eagle pilots throat.

Don't bet farm/house/apartment/trailer that he won't try. Want some "inside scoop"? Look at the mess over at U and their regional partners.

Furthermore, the dispute/mediation request/potential negotiations involve the disposition of these 14 A/C only.

You bet....for now. Wait a few months into AMR's "revolutionary" cost sutting measures. With a bunch more airframes retired and another 1000 AMR pilots on furlough. We'll see what else they need to do to stay within the mainline scope provisions.

Of course both the APA and Eagle ALPA would like a broader solution to this problem.

Gee, really? No foolin? So would DAL/DCI, Continental/COEX. "would like" is one thing, finding and implementing workable solutions, when all mgt wants to do is keep their current cost structure in tact is another.

If one is found that benefits BOTH pilot groups, so much the better.

No offense but if you really think that the APA is really concerned with a solution that benefits you, your sadly mistaken. It is not that they are selfish, or mean, or callous, anymore than the Eagle MEC is. It is simply a truism that each union/MEC, by definition, is looking out for the best interest of its' own membership. Unfortunately the goals seem to be diametrically opposed. No one's fault, it is just the way things are.

Lee Harvey Weorth will not be setting up a rifle in the schoolbook depository building waiting for the Eagle pilots to drive by.

You may be right. Unfortunately I think you may be sadly mistaken.

However, in the interest of prudence, might I suggest that you make sure your bullet proof bubble is on before you go driving thru Dealy Plaza.

Latest resources

Back