• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle ready to implode?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I may not have worked at Eagle, but I also have an opinion for Mr. 3Holer. Why do you call it a lateral move?!? Since when is going to another company that has a better chance for advancement lateral? Of course someone is not going to leave Eagle to go instruct or something stupid that would not help advance their career. As someone else pointed out, he also has about 6000hrs. He is from the era several years back where it was rediculous to move to another "regional" because you lost all your seniority and still had to wait again for the chance to upgrade while still flying a turboprop.

Let me ask this though, I just mad a "lateral" move 3 months ago and now have a new type rating, flying a larger a/c with a flight attendant (1900 previously), while making $10/hr more as a new hire with this company than if I had upgraded at the last after 2 1/2 years of service. Oh yeah, the last company has the smell of a stike coming from it now. Now once again, how is this lateral?

Oh, yeah, if I ever get asked why I didn't upgrade at the last company and then changed companies? I didn't want to waste their time or mine since I was going to leave anyway. Did I fear upgrade? No pink slips to show so far, and I just got a type on an aircraft I had never flown before.

This doesn't look "flaky" to me as this is probably one of the smartest moves I could have made. And as far as "ignorant a--hole" goes, I think that most of us have figured out who that is.

PS...Good luck Lakers on your contract negotiations!!!

This place (Eagle) certainly could use a major improvement in the way management treats its employees. That's for sure! However, I would not call this place the worst regional. Far from it. We have great pilots and flight attendants - really good people to work with! We have nice equipment - I make no apologies for our CRJ -700's and EMJ's. We fly coast to coast and to Canada and Mexico. Our training is top notch.

From what I can gather, our contract and work rules are definitely not leading edge. However, after reading some posts in the past which detailed pay, benefits and working conditions at some of the other "top" regionals, I must say I was surprised to find that there are really only SMALL differences between them and us. For example, one pilot had asked for some Comair pilots to describe a month on reserve. He received quite a few responses. I was surprised to find that Comair and Eagle pilots sitting reserve have basically the same number of days off and on. Additionally, I have seen pay scales at most of the other regionals. While many have higher pay scales than Eagle, the actual dollar amounts are minuscule. While Eagle might hypothetically pay a pilot $50 an hour, ASA or Comair might pay that same pilot $51 or $52 an hour. Whoopee!

Our biggest problems are our sheer size, which inhibits upgrade times, and our deceitful management team that has lost all trust among its employees. Our size problem will probably never go away. I suspect we will always be a huge company (for a regional airline). Our labor relations problems can be fixed, however difficult that may be.

I do agree, however, that our more junior FO's should attempt to find another flying job, either with a large regional that has reasonable upgrade times, or with a fractional outfit. Personally, I have way too much seniority to do something like that (11 years), but sometimes I wish that I had done it long ago.

Oh well. No use crying over spilled milk, I guess. For what it's worth, I still love the "flying" part of my job (which is why I became a pilot anyway). I just disagree with the sentiment expressed by many that Eagle is the "worst" regional.

True that the pay difference is 1 or 2 dollars an hour, on the JET.(do your CRJ700 captains get $102/hour?) But, an EGL guy has to wait 10+ years to get that, when here at ASA it can happen in 2-3 years.

Example, I left Eagle as a second year ATR FO in 2000. Hired on at ASA and was a Brasilia captain with 8 month seniority making the same as an Eagle 5th year Saab Captain.

And not only $$$, career progress too! Bottom line for me was the PIC time. If Eagle had the same upgrade time that ASA had, I would not have left for more $$$. I liked working for Eagle. I like ASA too!! Regardless, I like the left seat.

Shroth/SFR....whatever...

Once again I had to use sabreliner's computer.....

whatever

Ok ThreeHoler....I am a 4 year Eagle pilot who thinks your an ass hole. If I could meet you in the crew lounge, I'd punch you out. Yeah, life is good for you because your still a ATR CA making 60 bucks an hour and close to Jet CA, but have some respect for us screwed bottom feeders.....furloughs and mass displacements. All the above posts are 100% true ------------- GET OUT OF EAGLE ASAP IT REALLY DOES SUCK HERE!
Your probably some management or check airman puke all proud ass hell.

I keep my mouth shut for the most part on this site, but I couldn't help but post something here! I worked for American Eagle for a little under two years and was forced to leave because I could no longer support my family. I left 4/00. I left Eagle for NetJets. I did not want to leave, but I really had no choice in the matter. The flying was fun and the people were great, but AMR sucked!! To all my friends I left behind, GET OUT!!!!

I wish I could get something else. I was cut off at the knees with a fulrough. I don't have the time to go anywhere else. If Eagle did call me back, I'd go for sure. It beats the hell out of my office job. I must admit that I wouldn't stay though. I'd get my times up a bit and then punch out for greener pastures. Those on this board that know me know that I spoke pretty highly of Eagle. Things seemed to be improving there. Now I just can't see staying there. I admire 3 holer's attitude it a way, but it doesn't make sense to "stick it out" for a lot of people.

Latest resources

Back