Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle Pilots Warn that Breaking Up American Eagle Would Harm Employees And Passengers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So this is how RAH will fly 170s for AMR..........

Wrong again. RAH could never fly E-170s for AMR. APA scope restricts to 50 70-seaters. And those 70-seaters MTOW can be no more than 75,000 lbs. So APA will have to give up scope in this contract round for anything like that to happen. Basically our ATRs and CRJ-700s are side-lettered in as one-time exemptions. If you haven't noticed, APA's scope protections are some of the best out there.

No, but Eagle could be after being spun off.
And our contract goes with us.

And to flying hi. Comparing Eagle and AA to Northwest and comair does not make any sense. All those airlines were bankrupt, and they were bankrupt under the old bankruptcy laws.

And our contract goes with us.

And to flying hi. Comparing Eagle and AA to Northwest and comair does not make any sense. All those airlines were bankrupt, and they were bankrupt under the old bankruptcy laws.

Yes, my point was that if we were spun off and we went into bankruptcy, our contract would be renegotiated.

Yes, my point was that if we were spun off and we went into bankruptcy, our contract would be renegotiated.
Yes, if we were to go bankrupt then that may happen. But we are too profitable for a judge to allow that too happen. The new bankruptcy laws make things a little harder on those who declare bankruptcy.

This is the airline world where protection is always one sided........MAIN LINE or regional I wonder which one alpa will back

I know its a tough one.......

This is the airline world where protection is always one sided........MAIN LINE or regional I wonder which one alpa will back

I know its a tough one.......
I am sure that you know that Eagle is ALPA, and AA is APA. So yes I do know in this case which one they will back.

If AMR spun Eagle off and they plunged straight into bankruptcy the SEC would ensure that lots of executives went to prison.

As part of any IPO with an intent to sell at a good price there would have to be assurances that it was a healthy company. A healthy company with guaranteed profit does not just plunge into bankruptcy court. It would take AMR going into bankruptcy as well as several other "perfect storm" factors to all happen at once.

Latest resources

Back