Eagle pilots call your MEC Chairman...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver,

Your words are confusing. Can you please clarify a few points?

Which MEC didn't bother to show? APA or ALPA? To which meeting are you referring?

The AE MEC walked out of exactly which meeting?

Thank you for your clarification...

English--when I say MEC, I'm referring to the Eagle ALPA MEC. APA calls their "leadership" the BOD.

There was a meeting the week before last(I believe on Friday) that the Eagle MEC reps. walked out on. The next meeting on Thurs. only the ALPA legal counsel show up(the MEC was supposed to have been there but didn't come).TC

In my outside and prejudice opinion, the actions of the APA towards Eagle are the equivalent of 9/11 - a terrorist attack.

Maybe what the Eagle MEC needs is a George Bush at the helm. You get nowhere by responding to terrorists with a boquet of roses.

Sorry 717, but your information is INCORRECT. In fact, GROSSLY incorrect.

The meeting you refer to (of a week-and-a-half ago) that was SUPPOSED to have ALL four parties in attendance to discuss the TA turned out to be pointless.

Representatives were there from Eagle ALPA and Eagle management. AMR sent one guy (lower level guy who shall remain nameless) and the APA was missing.

Our MEC attempted for an hour to get answers and information.

AMR guy - spent much of the time on his cellphone and was unable to provide answers to specific questions.

AMR Eagle - Believes the TA will be implimented as is and any greivance will be denied. Also claimed to have no information on specifics (it must be noted that Eagle management does not make these decisions and are only "yes" men when it comes to acting on AMR's decisions-they work for AMR).

APA -no info there as there was nobody to ask.

After an hour it was pointless to continue, so our MEC left.

AMR and I suppose the APA can then say Eagle ALPA "walked out" of the discussions, thus implying they were the "unreasonable" ones.

During the following week, our MEC made NUMEROUS attempts through several channels, including a call by Duane Woerth to at least make contact with the APA.

Results ?

ZIP, NADA, NOTHING, ZERO, ZILTCH, RETURN TO SENDER - ADDRESS UNKNOWN, ALICE DOESN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE.

Get the picture ?

Anybody else on this thread see a problem here ? Smell a rat ?

So at the urging of Congressman Martin Frost, AMR arrainges a hasty meeting for last Thursday for the four parties. Through a series of questionable tactics (cancel, reschedule, oh sorry, we forgot to tell you, but we'll tell everyone else you just did not show), AMR is almost successful in holding the meeting without the Eagle ALPA MEC present, which is what they want to do in an effort to divide the pilots against their leadership. AMR initially wanted this to be the first step "greivance" hearing and without ALPA it can be denied. AMR can then attempt to better show down the road that our MEC was "uncooperative" in the process, giving more weight to AMR on the issue.

AMR Eagle sends flight dept. management reps to the ORD crew room (with less than 24-hour e-mail notice) to "answer questions" on Wednesday the day before this meeting, which is really a subterfuge for management to damage our MEC, saying ALPA has refused to show for a meeting the next day. Problem is, ALPA was not notified of the rescheduling of this meeting. Our MEC got wind of the rescheduled meeting and said that they would definitely be there. When they showed the next day (last Thursday), surprised management had to scramble their strategy and the meeting suddenly changed from a first-step greivance discussion to an "informational" meeting.

What happened at the meeting ?

Not surprisingly, AMR and Eagle management had little to offer again and basically said that once the mainline "master shuffle" is complete at the end of the month, they'll have a better idea of how it will impact Eagle. There were some half-hearted indications that AMR was interested in ideas and proposals from our MEC and negotiating commitee on ways to mitigate the damage to our pilots and prevent any legal chllanges to the clear violation of our contractual rights. As a result, our MEC will present several proposals to AMR this week in an effort to do just that.

The only comments by the APA involved the beliefs that the labor groups should "work together".

:eek:

The APA "screw" Eagle ?

The "Small Jet Agreed Terms" proposal devised by the APA is dated March 29, 2003.

It took many months to formulate, finalize and draft that letter.

What that means is that since the beginning of this year AT THE SAME TIME the APA was representing to the general public (via billboards) and us that our groups interests were cohesive and parallel, they were already plotting to raid our 70-seaters, most ALL future 50-seat captain seats AS WELL AS permit and ENCOURAGE outsourcing of our future flying to operators who would agree to J4J.

717, either you are hienously naive or living in denial.

The APA has forever proven themselves untrustworthy.

Looking out for your pilots is one thing. But, the APA's actions have scraped the bottom of the barrel.

As far as most Eagle line pilots are concerned, the APA will recieve the same look and consideration as the parents of teenagers would give Charles Manson.

Last edited:
surplus1 said:
In my outside and prejudice opinion, the actions of the APA towards Eagle are the equivalent of 9/11 - a terrorist attack.

Maybe what the Eagle MEC needs is a George Bush at the helm. You get nowhere by responding to terrorists with a boquet of roses.

You're an idiot!

Go ahead implement the contract as is

AA717

as a mid level FO ( with no hope of upgrading in the foreseeable future) I say go ahead and implement suppW/Letter 3. It wont affect me much. I assume you realize the little part in there that say no Eagle FO may be furloughed as a result of AA pilots flowing back to Eagle. So when you downgrade our captains to FO we will just have a ton of FOs sitting at home getting base pay. 72 hours of pay might not be much but it will go a long way when I add in the part time job I will have time to pick up.
The problem FOs have toward all of this is we were never given a seat at the table, never get the benefit of the flow through, wont have the PIC required by AA when they start to hire someday down the road. Why should we care when we have been relegated to career FOs

AA717,

Eaglefly knows of what he writes. You are putting out incorrect info to pilots on this website.

To all Allied Pinheads Ass's out there:

Blow me!

As a 5th yr FO at Eagle I am sick and tried of being lied too and stabbed in the back from your "leadership". As for the letter 3/supplement W agreement I say let it stand as is because AMR will fined a way of f**king all of us and getting their way around all contracts. I will tell you APA guys and gals again...F**k you!
Allow me to explain my outrage....
I have been at AMR Eagle for 5 years and over those years I have learned allot (and still more to learn) but I know for the time we (Eagle ALPA) and APA tried to get together but your "leadership" has always screwed us and lied to us outright. So when you boys and girls execute the full letter 3/supplement W agreement stop and think of these few lines....

1. When you get your American Eagle ID you have entered a new world that is no longer "sheltered" by American Airlines and APA. You will be looked down on...isolated....questioned....and turned in for anything wrong you do.

2. The people who are your supervisors and check airmen are Eagle people and follow Eagle rules. Remember this is a small knit group of bias and bitter people who have many friends.

3. Finally you are on the bottom of life here and will always be. Go ahead and ask the "few" 15 flowback guys about their schedules and lives....They are either ready reserve or flying 20 days a month on reserve. You have no chance to ever see a line or a life and that is the goal of all the F.O.'s APA is screwing over!

No ScAAbs!!!

Last edited:
Well said. When and if these guys flowback, they are in for a shock.

I've flown with a few of the current "legit" flowbacks and they are a good bunch of guys. I wish them no ill will.....I almost feel sorry for them. However, when and if the new seat stealin' bastards flowback, I will go out of my way to make their lives hell.

I hope our MEC comes up with an LOA for 1-5 year captain rates of $15/hr for the jet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back