• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

eagle paying for sim hrs to get people

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
\ If bases and QOL are more important, than maybe Eagle is in fact the best choice.

This was the main reason I came to Eagle. I love it and am happy with my choice. So it might take a little longer to upgrade, but you know what I am happy, my family is happy, my friends are happy, I work for a pretty stable company and honestly the pay compared to some other regional's isn't that bad. The training was also top notch.

So it might take a little longer to upgrade...

Not trying to be facetious, but if by that you mean the nominal time it would take somebody else to get to the right seat of an LCC, then sure.

The only problem with the QOL issue and domiciles is that unless you can get on with a major/LCC at the same base, you're gonna have to move the family or face the commuting dilema you were trying to avoid in the first place. Also try feeding the family on regional FO pay for 7 years...Which is why career-wise Eagle only works for somebody who's intent on making Eagle his final destination, or if you decide to jump to fractionals (netjets and the like). Those senior CAs are going to remain on property forever. Other than that, decent folks and stable place to work by whatever definition you choose.

Not trying to be facetious, but if by that you mean the nominal time it would take somebody else to get to the right seat of an LCC, then sure.

The only problem with the QOL issue and domiciles is that unless you can get on with a major/LCC at the same base, you're gonna have to move the family or face the commuting dilema you were trying to avoid in the first place. Also try feeding the family on regional FO pay for 7 years...Which is why career-wise Eagle only works for somebody who's intent on making Eagle his final destination, or if you decide to jump to fractionals (netjets and the like). Those senior CAs are going to remain on property forever. Other than that, decent folks and stable place to work by whatever definition you choose.

You nailed it. If you want to stay at eagle, fine. But if you have any ambitions, look elsewhere. With age 65, you'll be an eagle FO forever. It will get old. The thrill of flying that shiny jet will be gone sooner than you think.

Latest resources

Back