Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

poor2thecore

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could give a basic rundown of what it's like flying the EMJ out of LAX? What are the trips like (seems it only goes to a couple of cities), layovers, productivity, do you ever get out towards DFW or ORD?

As far as Eagle, do they have trip/duty rigs... how about over various types of soft pay?

I'm looking at Eagle right now because of the LA base, as I live in Orange County and don't want to commute but am willing to relocate. Chicago wouldn't be a bad place to try out, and I'm open to seeing what Dallas is like. Any comments about those places? I'd eventually move back to LA if/when I can hold a decent line. I know I can go to another place with a better upgrade, but I'm just asking about Eagle right now, I've got some good info on a couple other places. :)

If heard it's pretty senior for the EMJ... any truth to this?

Thanks all!

(BESIDES the thought of a long upgrade, are you happy working there??)

LAX is the most senior EMB base at eagle, trips get pretty boring there, something like only 6 destinations out of LAX. If you bid LAX as your newhire base you will be flhing the SF3.
As for is this a good place to work I am sure that Spacecadet will inform you.
But as for me I am very happy here.

I love your screen name!

Go to Skywest instead...

Go fly the Brasilia for Sky West out of Socal. I think you might have to live in Fresno or PSP or some other outstation but those are all becoming suburbs of LA anyway.... I think Eagle only operates to 8 routes total out of LAX and most using the Saab. Can you say borrrrrrrrrrrrrring...... Personally, I'd rather fly a Brasilia vs. a Saab.

Apply now. Good luck.

Go fly the Brasilia for Sky West out of Socal. I think you might have to live in Fresno or PSP or some other outstation but those are all becoming suburbs of LA anyway.... I think Eagle only operates to 8 routes total out of LAX and most using the Saab. Can you say borrrrrrrrrrrrrring...... Personally, I'd rather fly a Brasilia vs. a Saab.

Apply now. Good luck.

Didn't Skywest just announce that the Brasilia will be going away in the coming months?

To be honest that's where I wanted to go and that's what I wanted to fly, ever since I was a kid. Although I'm not fond of the smaller CA bases, I wish they would have just had LAX. It would have made it so much easier. I'm in Orange County (lived here all my life) and really don't want to move to Fresno, or outrageously expensive San Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara. If I had to move away from OC, I'd just go for it and move to Chicago, Denver, Dallas or some other place I've never been before just to see what it's like.

Thanks guys... I can see doing the Eagle thing out of LAX wouldn't be the mos exciting.

Thoughts on ORD, or DFW? Could a kid born and raised in SoCal make it through a winter in Chicago or a summer in Dallas, haha??

Are they still allowing new hires to choose a base out of training? If so just pick LAX and fly the Saab till you can fly the jet out of LAX.

Is the Saab a tougher training program than the jet? Do they use ADFs in the Saab?

I would, expect the only thing is both the Saab and Jet on go to a few cities from LAX. Given that, I think the flying would get to be really boring, really quick.

I still love the opportunity to fly a turboprop before the eventual move to a jet.

hmm.... Mesaba..... hmmm?

Latest resources

Back