• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle or Pinnacle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At Eagle you proffer for open trips the day prior and will usually know your schedule well in advance of a 2 hour callout. If you do have a RAP (reserve availability period, ie 2 hour callout - BTW these are quite unusual for junior reserves) then you'd probably need to cheat south a little to make a 2 hour callout, because in my experience they happen often for those on RAPs, especially at 0400.

Thats a tough choice, I personally would stay away from eagle because you know your signing up for a decade as an F/O. I think i would get out of flying and get a normal job before i did that. Even if youve been flying patterns instructing in a 152 and have jet fever, you will get really sick of being a permentant F/O at about year 4 or 5. With that being said pinnacle is most likely going to lose flying within the next few years and upgrades will really slow down. Right now they are running 2 years but alot of pay for training guys are getting their minimum upgrade flight times and they are very senior. They will pin low senority guys in the right seat for a while. Im guessing 9E will become a 3-4 or more year upgrade. Alot of 9E guys are unhappy. Its not the best life, but if its probably the better option than eagle

cbogacz said:
did you try skyways I have a buddy there and he seems to like it that is if you dont mind the 1900
I would love to go to Skyway. I applied months ago, but haven't heard anything since. Last I knew, there were a handful of people in the pool and an HR person told me back in March that there was the posibility of interviewing in June. Hopefully that holds true. I wouldn't mind the 1900 if I am home 300+ nights a year like I hear they are!

Another option for me is to volunteer for a 30 or 60 day deployment overseas. That should get me close to SkyWest mins, but then again - there are too many "what if's" involved with that, especially since I have a job offer already. Maybe I'll get an interview, what if I blow the sim, etc.....

I think I'm going to give Eagle a shot. Even though I'd be pushing the 2hr callout, it's better than doing a full commute with PCL. Pay is much better, which is a big deal to me right now, I have the guard to give me some PIC time in a couple years, and other than the upgrade times, I have never heard any Eagle guys complain (but haven't talked to many either!)

I appreciate all the input. Keep it comin!

MarineGrunt said:
I think I'm going to give Eagle a shot. Even though I'd be pushing the 2hr callout, it's better than doing a full commute with PCL. Pay is much better, which is a big deal to me right now, I have the guard to give me some PIC time in a couple years, and other than the upgrade times, I have never heard any Eagle guys complain (but haven't talked to many either!)

I appreciate all the input. Keep it comin!

www.eaglelounge.com

Home 300+ nights a year!?!?!? Who told you that? Not in my past experience my friend. SYX has a great pilot group and a lot of other pluses, but 300+ nights at home...pass the pipe man. PM me if you have any questions. Any current SYX 1900 pilots care to comment?

Oh, and making MKE to ORD in the times you are talking about is not realistic. Even if you drive it at 4 AM and miss all the traffic you still have to park and make it to the terminal. Trust me on this one.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Thats a no brainer. Go to PCL they have a very quick upgrade so you can get your 1000 pic and get out. Eagle is a career

Fallingbrick said:
Home 300+ nights a year!?!?!? Who told you that? Not in my past experience my friend. SYX has a great pilot group and a lot of other pluses, but 300+ nights at home...pass the pipe man. PM me if you have any questions. Any current SYX 1900 pilots care to comment?
Just something someone posted here in a Skyway thread a while ago. Said they were home 330 nights last year. Being that it was posted on flightinfo - I suppose I should have taken it with a grain of salt.............

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back