Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MarineGrunt

Will kill for peace.
Looking for a little input on the choices between the two companies. I have a class date with Pinnacle and an interview offer with Eagle and trying to decide which is best. I know Eagle has a million year upgrade and PCL is running 2-4yrs now, and I know the QOL at Eagle would probably be a lot better. Does anyone have any advice on the choices? I'll be living in the MKE area and about 1+45 away from ORD. Any idea how long it takes to hold ORD with AE?

Thanks for any input.

One factor to add regarding PIC time, is the upgrade isn't too critical for me since it will take a few years for me to upgrade in the guard. Time building right now is VERY slow however.....

Probably would hold ORD within a few months of being on property. Maybe even before you finish training. The latest bid had 10 openings in ORD.

Eagle or Pinnacle

I would go to the Eagle interview and see what they have to offer. First of all, you know you have a job with Pinnacle, so you'll be more relaxed during the interview. Get a sense for how the company treats their employees and determine if you are a good fit. Then, if they offer the job, I would choose Eagle since ORD is so close to home. Avoid the commute if you can. Of course MSP isn't a bad commute from MKE either. Is that where Pinnacle is putting newhires? I definitely wouldn't want to commute to MEM.

Just my .02

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Thanks for the quick answers.

737- When I was at my PCL interview, I took a peek at some of the vacancies and it went something like 12-DTW, 11-MSP and 8-MEM. Being in MKE, I don't think MSP or DTW would be that bad, since it's only a 1hr flight, same time zone, and MKE and ORD combined, there are about 20 flights to each a day.

NRH - Good to know. I thought it would be much longer than that. If I could hold ORD that soon, I think I'll give it a shot and rely on the guard for PIC time in a couple years! :)

Anyone know what the callout time is for ORD? For those that know the MKE area, any shot at making the callout from Waukesha? (1+45)

For those that know the MKE area, any shot at making the callout from Waukesha? (1+45)

Doable during non peak times.. the commuter train isnt a bad deal either... of course it would be wishful thinking to get the callouts to coincide with the train schedule. The MKEMSP route *can* be ok.. I think NW runs 5-6 flights a day and YX runs 3, but there are a decent amount of MSP based NW drivers that live in SW WI, so keep that in mind as well.

Last edited:
Other Q's:

What is the pay during training for AE?
Do you have pass benefits during training?

If you want ORD go to SkyWest!! I was at Eagle for 6 years and still got a crap line in ORD at SkyWest you can hold a good line in 3 months!!:D

According to airlinepilotcentral.com, most junior Captain is 1999 hire based at LAX on the Saab.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back