• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Returning to AE?

Go back? Only if something better doesn't come up first- like Skywest. :D

Av8trxx

Have you heard anything from Skywest lately? I am REALLY interested in them also. Seems like they had some interviews after the job fairs, but then all of a sudden they went flatline. I know that the strike had something to do with it, but it's been a month since that broke.

August 6th here also.

I've been keeping an eye on Skywest and updating my resume with them (no that there's much to update since I can't find a flying job). I'll go back to Eagle if I haven't found something else by then. It's pretty slim pickings out here for a 1300/150 furloughed guy.

Jumping ship to SKW

From what I understand (via the rumour mill of my SKW pal), they had an overwhelming response at their 3 job fairs and have about 500 peple who passed the written, hoping to interview. These all in addition to those that were interview/tested early on this year.

When I flew into PDX, there were 4 others on the bus with me going to the hotel. It sounded like at least 3 of them were still currently flying 121 or 135 as a captain. These resumes will undoubtably be ranked higher than us furloughees. During the test, those I was seated next to were all CFIs, so maybe I can hold out hope of getting a call before them.

Considering how last years SKW "poolies" sat until they looked like prunes, getting a call could take a while- even with the Bombardier strike over. My friend said they had to reschedule classes due to the strike and plans were changed. I am sure Andy Neill can elaborate on that, as he lurks these boards.

All we can do is wait. :eek:

What do you mean we loose our call back rights if we go back??? Back to eagle?

7/4/01 class RJ ORD

Dont hold you breath for Eagle. Things get worse everyday. I am a member of the last class left standing Feb 19th. Went back on reserve out on the rock! No recalls in sight! Flying is being cut every moth due to ASM crap!

FEDUPPILOT said:
Flying is being cut every moth due to ASM crap!

Quit your bitchin.....at least you're working. We know you Eagle guys think that the American Connection flying should belong to you and protect you from furloughs.....guess how we feel about your routes. The ASM Cap is a negotiated section of the CBA that the APA has the right to protect even if management seems to feel justified in violating it. This matter has gone to grievence, and should be ruled on in the not so distant future. When it's ruled on things are gonna change. Depending on how it goes down, either more Eagle guys will be furloughed or you will all be brought back. Protecting the lower end of the spectrum puts more of us in the lower end of the spectrum, conserve the better paying jobs. I'm not against regional/commuter pilots (I used to be one) I'm for protecting the industry against a management who plays both side against the middle. Don't bullshlt yourself you know how you feel when you see TSA flying as American Connection, you feel robbed. Next contract Eagle needs to get better scope. By the way, the guy who helped get your last contract through was the ALPA Regional Coordinator who is now the VP of Employee relations at AA, things that make you go hmm.

Latest resources

Back