Eagle Escapees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ACWild

I read that Eagle is recalling furloughees because of pilot attrition. In light of today's job market, I was wondering where everyone is going.

I know of several people that have left to go to other regionals (ASA, ACA, Comair) or to some of the smaller nationals and corporate. I know others that are preparing to leave (sending out resumes, interviewing, etc)

Last edited:
My initial sim partner from last year quit Eagle to fly a CitationJet.
I'm currently in training for the ATR in SJU. My current sim partner is going to ACA after he gets done with IOE on the ATR.
Also, I had a good friend here that got a job with Execjet. He likes it much better. Oh yeah, the guy that quit Eagle to fly a King Air. And the one that went to Comair. Hmmmm...who else. One guy got fired because he was commuting to work and his flight was full so he couldn't make it in time for his trip.

I definitely agree that people have to leave the place. I left there a few months ago with over 7 years of seniority and can't believe how good things can be on the other side. I'm only aware of a few people who left so I was just wondering where the rest of my former brethren have landed. I wish everybody who's still there the best of luck, they made the place fun to work at.

ACWild,

Congratulations!

As a former AMR employee, I agree with your assesment...the grass really is greener on the other side. Insurance is better, pass benefits are better, etc....

When I departed in 1996, many co-workers thought I was nuts giving up 16+ years seniority. Sadly, some of them are on the street now, and my relative position at Comair is better in five years than 16 years at the other place.

Fly safe!

As a former Eaglet that left 1.5 years ago, I will be outnumbered here, but I enjoyed my time there. Ya, they have their problems and certainly did when I was there(for 4 years), but Eagle gave me the experience to move up. I have a better job because of Eagle. I didn't leave Eagle because I had to get out of a rotten working environment, I left because a better opportunity presented itself. Every company has its problems, but if you constantly focus on them, work would be bothersome. I love flying, and I was still able to enjoy working there because I was there for that sole reason. You don't have to agree with me, but I thank Eagle for the opportunity they gave me.

I double magneticmd80's comments.

I left Eagle a year ago and it was the best career move I could have made. I enjoyed flying there, and the crews were the greatest, but there were no opportunities for advancement.

I think everyone who has left Eagle voluntarily agrees at least on one thing - that leaving Eagle was a great career move.

Hey magneticmd80,
I'm in agreement with you too. If it were'nt for Eagle, I wouldn't be where I am now. It truly was big fun. I only wish that AMR would have treated their employees better and created a work environment in which I would have been happy to stay at instead of... well, I won't get started.

Slim,
You had alot more guts than I have. Who would have known what a great career move you made back then. If I knew what I knew today, I would have joined you.

Latest resources

Back