Eagle DFW CRJ CA/FO Vacancy Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ILStoMinimums said:
Once AA starts callbacks I'm sure Eagle will experience something similar to CAL/ExpressJet.

I read the funniest stuff on this board. Keep the jokes coming, it's a riot!

English said:

What is your look at the situation then? Don't you see that happening down the road? I'm not saying next year, but perhaps 4-5 down the road?

Jet_Driver said:
I hate to correct you on this but unfortunately 4yr Cpt. pay would be a pipe dream for AMR. The TWA guys are getting full recognition of seniority for pay. That's right, TWA people who had 10 years at TWA, and 4 years at AA are getting 14 year Cpt. pay. They get 14 year 401(k) matching too. The only thing they don't get 14 year of is vacation. (feel free to correct me on this if you know otherwise). You're right, they do have a great gig. I think it is AMR's 'brilliant' way of shifting cost centers so that AA looks better for the shareholders. I can see the year end report now: "See, we reduced XX millions of $$ in payroll thus decreasing our expense ratios." Little do those shareholders know that Eagle is left holding the bag paying these shmucks while they sit at home and drink beer and have bbq soaking up 14 yr Capt. pay and adding ZERO productivity to AMR. AMR's situation is only marginally better by shifting "flow back" pilots to Eagle. The 14 year Eagle Capt. pay is cheaper than 14 year AA FO pay (maybe, I don't know). AMR is taking FULL advantage of Eagle's Flow policy for their financial gain. It is good for Eagle in good times, and good for AMR in bad times. It gives them a convienient place to stick their unwanted cling-on pilots when things aren't so good. The shareholders don't car about Eagle. We're the ba$stard child. And I ask you now, why is Eagle having such a hard time posting that "p word?" Kick out the flowbies, and you'll see that "p word" a lot more often.

Most "flobies" I've flown with are TWA.

J_D

J_D,

you misunderstood me. i meant most flobies sitting at home waiting for classes are AA flobies and not TWA flobies. thus the 4yr sitting at home CA pay comment. most flobies waiting for class were recent '05 furloughs and are AAers.

the rumor is now flobies maybe coming as FO's.

A lot of people think that the new all-flowback classes are meant to call their bluff and bring them in, or force their hand on quitting now. Anyone would want to sit at home and get paid, especially if American is probably going to scoop them right back up with no time in at Eagle.

So Eagle calls their bluff and tells them to hurry up and get into class for the EMB/CRJ now rather than later. I'm willing to bet a lot of those at-home flowbacks will pass on Eagle and take their chances with a recall this fall or spring. That helps out everyone and stops the wasteful spending.

As far as a hiring boom... I think it's possible. You have over 400 captain slots that will be sprouting off to American as soon as the phone rings. How can you avoid a vacuum when a recall starts?

labbats said:
As far as a hiring boom... I think it's possible. You have over 400 captain slots that will be sprouting off to American as soon as the phone rings. How can you avoid a vacuum when a recall starts?

You are very intelligent, much more so than AA, Eagle or AMR management. This is one of the Million $$ questions. Management has their hands tied thanks to the geniouses at APA/ALPA. The only winners here are the unions. They still get their $$$. The only other group to benefit (eventually) are the 6 year F/Os waiting upgrade.

Other than that, Labbats, aking a question like that is like asking,"Why can't we have rampers who are more efficient?" There is no easy answer to it.

English said:

Care to elaborate? Are you saying that is not going to happen when AA recalls? Of course it will!

The flushbacks will start going back to AA droves over the next 1-2 years. Couple that with 20 f/o's quitting per month and you're going to see a big push upward. Just wait for it. These are just cycles.

I Hate Freight said:
Care to elaborate? Are you saying that is not going to happen when AA recalls? Of course it will!

The flushbacks will start going back to AA droves over the next 1-2 years. Couple that with 20 f/o's quitting per month and you're going to see a big push upward. Just wait for it. These are just cycles.

Hey IHF, check your senority and tell me if you think 20 FO's are quiting a month, if they are they are all new hires. My senority moved up 4 numbers over several months. Coincendaltiy in those several months my base senority or went down by 10 or 20. What a great place.

LAXSaabdude said:
Former, VERY former MEC.

Darrah and the APA crowd did, in fact, try to steal more than that, though. Didn't work.

LAXSaabdude.

I know. Shame on them...

Latest resources

Back