Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle Cog Test??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Posts
342
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Got a letter from AA medical today stating that they are sending my test results to a neuropsychologist to review my cog test results. what does this mean?
they said that they will notify me if and further testing is needed. has anybody ran into this problem? Did I Blow my chances?
[/FONT]
 
Last edited:
Do you look anything like my avatar? I wouldn't worry too much about it, probably means you are just a step above blue-green algae.
 
The Drizzle said:
Do you look anything like my avatar? I wouldn't worry too much about it, probably means you are just a step above blue-green algae.

C'mon Drizzle...This is real serious man...I'm looking for advice here..Are you currently working or been w/ Eagle? Anyone else receive the same letter, and get on?
 
I got the letter and never heard anything after that. I did not make it past the Capt board.
I did check into what I needed to do about the Cog test, it is not a job killer. If you need to be checked out by a privt Doc. it's $$$. but they will hire you with the Doc's ok. There is a lot of info at Eaglelounge.com on the Cog test.
Good luck.
 
dueguard1 said:
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Got a letter from AA medical today stating that they are sending my test results to a neuropsychologist to review my cog test results. what does this mean?
they said that they will notify me if and further testing is needed. has anybody ran into this problem? Did I Blow my chances?
[/FONT]

http://www.cogtest.com/neuro.html
 
I think what happens is they will have you go see a specialist for more testing. This will cost you some cash, but once the Dr. gives the OK, you should be good to go. It's not a job killer, otherwise they would have told you to piss off.
 
jacko123 said:
I think what happens is they will have you go see a specialist for more testing. This will cost you some cash, but once the Dr. gives the OK, you should be good to go. It's not a job killer, otherwise they would have told you to piss off.
Maybe AE just didn't want the legal liability of diagnosing the applicant.

The only chance this guy has is if the AE doctor screwed up their Cognitive Disorder test in the first place.
Cognitive Disorders
The cognitive disorders include dementia, delirium and amnesia. The major feature of this class of disorders is a significant impairment of cognition or memory that represents a marked deterioration from a previous level of functioning.
  • Delirium is a condition in which changes in cognition, including a disturbance in consciousness, occur over a relatively short period of time.
  • Dementia is a condition consisting of several cognitive impairments including significant memory deficit.
  • Amnestic Disorder refers to a discreet memory impairment unaccompanied by other cognitive impairments.
 
i also got the letter yesterday, i haven't been able to get in touch with anyone at medical to give me any info.

pm me if you hear anything
 

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back
Top