Eagle cancelling vacations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pacsky72

Believe it or not, NO! Someone has a brain and knows what fragile territory that would be.

AA recalls are squeezing the planned flying hours very tightly for the summer (specific problem was DFW EMB CA's) , and AE had a few options; Cancel vacations, withold CA's from recall for a few months, or get creative. They have decided to offer 150% OT pay for all bases/seats/equipment even though the problem was mainly DFW EMB CA's. I complain just as much as the rest of us, but I will tip my hat (oops we don't wear them anymore) to the individual that got this plan passed over the alternatives.

JM's and extensions will no doubt still skyrocket, but its a good start.

Believe it or not, NO! Someone has a brain and knows what fragile territory that would be.

AA recalls are squeezing the planned flying hours very tightly for the summer (specific problem was DFW EMB CA's) , and AE had a few options; Cancel vacations, withold CA's from recall for a few months, or get creative. They have decided to offer 150% OT pay for all bases/seats/equipment even though the problem was mainly DFW EMB CA's. I complain just as much as the rest of us, but I will tip my hat (oops we don't wear them anymore) to the individual that got this plan passed over the alternatives.

JM's and extensions will no doubt still skyrocket, but its a good start.

Call me a retard (I might just be) I dont get your point. Where exactly are you going with this?

Oh yeah, rumor is that our union (ALPA) is grieving the 150% pay rate 'cause it is a violation of our contract (which states 120% for OT).

Oh yeah, rumor is that our union (ALPA) is grieving the 150% pay rate 'cause it is a violation of our contract (which states 120% for OT).

I hope they are.

While junior manning, extensions and canceled vacations suck, so does the treatment at the regional level as a whole. I'm not at all familiar with the issues at Eagle, or how well you guys are treated, etc., but we as pilots must force our managements to make the airlines a better work environment. Better work environment equals a good career again. One that will attract pilots as it used to. By allowing extra premium pay, signing bonuses, etc., we are letting a prime opportunity to gain a better quality of life slip away.

The short term will suck, but the long term can be much better if we play the hand properly.

and the sad thing is the "membership" won't have the quijones to NOT pick up OT or vote down the 1000 hr LOA which will reappear.

FORCE the company to do the better thing. Past precedence has been established in the 1000 hr LOA.

ALPA's grievance should be based on the contractual violation of Letter 37 regarding staffing.

He's trying to say that Eagle managment is beginning to show concern for the pilot group. This is actually somewhat true, and at least this is an encouraging display of words. Unfortunately the issues at the core are as described by the last couple of posts. If we don't manage to force lasting change in the face of a pilot supply problem we will never have any better. Allowing management to buy us off, especially on their unilateral terms, temporarily in order to work through their inadequacies will get us nothing long term.

Latest resources

Back