• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle application callback.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmm.....I ask a question about Eagle and it turned into an argument about upgrade times. What a shocker. Anyway, thanks to those who posted a response to my question. I just hope the interview goes well.

SIUAVFLIGHT - check your PM's
Checked, and a response on the way.
Of course the conversation turns into upgrade times. You as a new hire will be in the left seat in around four years. Depending on how this arbitration on OCT 12th goes, it may be much much quicker then that.

From the way Eagle (and SkyWest) spams me, I get the impression they're a little behind the recruitment power curve. I say you'll get the email on Monday.

With the way the pilot market is these days...why Eagle? I understand the motto "to each his own", but EAGLE...c'mon. It's f'in pilot purgatory. It was a great choice to build time three years ago, but now it's just a bad move. Oh wait I forgot about the "flow through/flush back" policy. There are much better regionals out there. The only "pro" I can think of is that it's pretty easy to commute, and thats if you have too. Plus, American flys friggin' everywhere.

Thanks for the response everyone. I got the e-mail with the interview offer this afternoon and have to call tomorrow to schedule.

As far as why Eagle... well, I'm not going to get into my personal life for all to read; but when I began looking at regionals I was in a situation that being based at home at a stable company would be the absolute best choice. There were other places; but I was trying to avoid commuting or needing to commute in the future. Upgrade time was not my main priority; but, being home as much as possible and helping to feed a little girl (not mine) was. About a month ago I got royaly screwed over (women have a tendency to do that to ya) and what I had been expecting to need to do for about two years suddenly was no longer an issue. However, still looking at the facts and the QOL of living in base, Eagle is still very enticing to me.

So although many may not agree with my choice, I had my reasons. I was looking at it from a standpoint of family and well being, not upgrade time. Things and times change. No one knows what the future will bring. All we can do is make what we feel is the best personal choice and begin the ride hoping it takes us in a good direction.

Congrats 747, let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

I called and talked to Dorthy today. I'm set up to fly out Tuesday the 9th and interview on the 10th. So far the claims of how nice the people are is completely true. Dorthy was a sweetheart and answered every one of my questions while making me feel completely calm and confident. I just hope that the trend continues!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back