• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle Air Med

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talked to them a few years back and they advertised big money around 85k per year but as someone else stated that wasn't the base. Their base pay was average for ambulance work... not good for remote locations and double-wide living albiet company provided.

Good money if you worked extra days (25 to 28) per month which means little time off. My wife vetoed it since the nearest Walmart was 50 miles from Kayenta and she heard the res life is not kind to pale-faces.

Yeah it can be good money and a relatively easy job if you are fine spending a whole lot of time in Chinle or Kayenta. If you wanted to have 10 days off a time each month for a nice vacation and still make good money, well not so much then.

I think they have played fast and loose with their job ads for some time. They should just put out there what it is. A lot of people are not going to want to go to Kayenta and spend an entire month there, giving up there days off. At least in Saudi we had a bar in the compound...

Any ideas on the base pay? ( I assume that would be a 20on/10 off schedule from the other posts I have read.)

Talked to them a few years back and they advertised big money around 85k per year but as someone else stated that wasn't the base. Their base pay was average for ambulance work... not good for remote locations and double-wide living albiet company provided.

Good money if you worked extra days (25 to 28) per month which means little time off. My wife vetoed it since the nearest Walmart was 50 miles from Kayenta and she heard the res life is not kind to pale-faces.

Yeah it can be good money and a relatively easy job if you are fine spending a whole lot of time in Chinle or Kayenta. If you wanted to have 10 days off a time each month for a nice vacation and still make good money, well not so much then.

I think they have played fast and loose with their job ads for some time. They should just put out there what it is. A lot of people are not going to want to go to Kayenta and spend an entire month there, giving up there days off. At least in Saudi we had a bar in the compound...

I am not sure what they base pay is now, in 2005 working 20 days a month would come out to about 50k. It required working 25 days a month to hit the 63k they advertised, and then that would leave you with 5 days a month off, which is hardly enough since its a better part of a day off just to go somewhere.

I think they have a base in Alamosa now, which would be more tolerable. Alamosa is about one of the coldest places in the country though in the winter.

They had other incidents before, that could have easily resulted in loss of crew. They used to have a chief pilot, who was really a super nice guy, but with some questionable judgement and that made some really bad decisions. Thats been 7-8 years ago however.

I do not think they are an unsafe company, but they do not have the best reputation. Whether deserved or undeserved, well thats debatable.

Thanks for the information guys. I guess I did not need it anyway. They sent me a rejection email this afternoon. The funny thing is that they called me out of the blue two weeks ago and asked me to apply. Then when I did, the only correspondence that I received back was the rejection email today. Certainly a strange way to do business.

Latest resources

Back