E170 mins at CHQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"What is the 70 seat pay at Skywest?"

Drawing some equivalence between one airline that has it wrong and another that also is doing it wrong probably isn't the comparison you want. If its a misery loves company statement, then so be it.

Im sure I can find this in another thread...but as long is this one is recent..

• What are the junior and senior bases for the 170?
  • Are 121 guys still not having to do the sim (the gouge seems to say so)?
  • Still a minimal reserve line time?
  • What to people think of the 170 so far?
  • Whats typical turnaround for resume - interview - class.
Thanks and sorry for redundancy.

Irish Pilot said:
What are the junior and senior bases for the 170?
QUOTE]

- The only bases we have for the 170 are IND, ORD and CMH all of which are for our Shuttle America ops. This flying is done for United and Delta.

We have yet to get any aircraft for Republic Airlines, our US Airways ops. The 170's are coming from Mid-Atlantic seemingly under the J4J agreement but ALPA is still arguing the can of worms for US pilots. The rumor mill is that potential bases will be PIT, PHL and I think DCA (don't quote me).

- Reserve hasn't been too bad, keeping in mind that we've only had the 170's about 10 months now. I think new hires have been sittingonly a few weeks reserve if they sit reserve at all. The routestructure has been growing and schedules have been good but everyone knows it can always slow down.

- Our pilots and flight attendants, not to mention passengers, love the airplane. It flys really well and is really comfortable in the cabin.

- Resume/interview time seems to vary from person to person. But, as always, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Hope this helps.

Sorry for the rather pointless post; the info I needed was on the website. I only remembered the website having the mins for the job not the 170. Guess I should've double checked. And yeah the first year pay sucks and yeah I get paid more to fly a Baron, but in the long term it is a worthy sacrifice. Its either that or go back to school, which I don't plan on doing for a couple years. I still love to fly my baron and I think I'll love flying an RJ and if it sucks after two years I'll have good experience to move on. The first year pay is gonna suck wherever you go. NO? If I can't make $200,000+ as a pilot then I'll find another mehtod its AMERICA dangit :).

Cracker said:
Irish Pilot said:
What are the junior and senior bases for the 170?

QUOTE]

- The only bases we have for the 170 are IND, ORD and CMH all of which are for our Shuttle America ops. This flying is done for United and Delta.

We have yet to get any aircraft for Republic Airlines, our US Airways ops. The 170's are coming from Mid-Atlantic seemingly under the J4J agreement but ALPA is still arguing the can of worms for US pilots. The rumor mill is that potential bases will be PIT, PHL and I think DCA (don't quote me).

- Reserve hasn't been too bad, keeping in mind that we've only had the 170's about 10 months now. I think new hires have been sittingonly a few weeks reserve if they sit reserve at all. The routestructure has been growing and schedules have been good but everyone knows it can always slow down.

- Our pilots and flight attendants, not to mention passengers, love the airplane. It flys really well and is really comfortable in the cabin.

- Resume/interview time seems to vary from person to person. But, as always, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the sincere response...I was expecting flame. :)

Latest resources

Back