• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

dwi turned to wreckless

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That may be so, but I am still happy we got the spelling right!

Although wreckless, has a ring to it, as in: "My driving record is wreckless. I am an excellent driver!"

Talk to air Inc adviser. He will most likely suggest an unemotional and objective presentation of the facts. Do not dwell or write a book on it. Hit the topic and move on let them make their decision. Lots of people get hired with minor crimes and just make sure you are not a felon. That is a whole diffrent ball game.

Bad? Who knows.

Nobody here even knows what wreckless is.

Maybe thats how you can get out of it. Keep spelling reckless with a w.

That way nobody will ever know what youre talking about and you can slide in there during the confusion.

Hey, maybe you're still drunk.

iansmo25 said:
i recently had a dwi turned to a wreckless driving. is this bad

Everybody makes mistakes, it doesn't matter who you are. We all do stupid things, it is life, and human nature. Not one person on this earth is perfect. I don't think that a person's mistakes define them. Mistakes are a part of life. They help you learn, and making mistakes, sometimes, is the best way to learn, even if they are bad ones.

Most jobs will do a background check. Therefore, if you think that the charge being lessened will be on your background check, then I would be honest about it. I doubt everyone at that airline, including the interviewers are perfect. I am sure they have made plenty of mistakes in their lives too.

I have made mistakes in my life too. Granted I am young, and haven't done anything that will be on my background. I accept the mistakes I made, and wouldn't change them. I have learned and grown from them. I think at the same time you learn who people really are when you make mistakes. People who will not hire you, or forgive, are, in my opinion, much worse of a person then the person who made the mistake. I think you see straight through a person in that situation, and who they really are. If they don't hire you, or people don't forgive, etc., then they are the ones on the losing end. There is no need for them in your life, nor a need to work for that airline.

" i would tell the gods honest truth...thats why i am postponing my interview until this is over. i could walk in right now and get hired if i wanted to, im not going to do that. I wanted unbiased opinions on the subject, thats why i said it was not dwi related. I dont need to go to the airlines I ve got a good paying job right now and would take about a 60,000 dollar paycut by doing so. But ive always wanted to fly for an airline. "

You seem very confident about being hired, it's your job for the asking. Why the lack of confidence in explaining your actions?

I wanted unbiased opinions on the subject, thats why i said it was not dwi related. I dont need to go to the airlines I ve got a good paying job right now and would take about a 60,000 dollar paycut by doing so. But ive always wanted to fly for an airline. but i appreciate the constructive critisism.

How bout staying in your high paying job and flying for fun for a while? That way you can just wait til its been longer between your dwi. I dont think it looks very good walking into an interview with a recent conviction like that(if its as recent as I think it is). However if you give it a few years you can stockpile more money and fly for the airline later. From what I have heard a lot of airlines want to see at least some time between this type of thing but I could be wrong.

I think somebody asked this before, but I'll ask it again...Where can you check your background on the internet?

Latest resources

Back