• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

dwi turned to wreckless

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many threads have there been on this topic in the last week??

Is this bad... IF you aren't smart enough to figure that one out yourself, you have bigger problems than the DUI

well im trying to get some insight because the case is not closed. im in the prosess of fighting it because there is insuficient amount of evidence. im seeing what my options are other than to carry it all the way which is what im probably going to do.

Reckless or Wet and Reckless

Just to clarify, certain states have "wet and reckless" statutes. This would still be reported as an alcohol related offense. Not a DUI/DWI but still...

Dutch

A guy in my last ground school was sent home because he lied about it and said he only had a wreckless.

We just went through this with some other guy. I have a hard time understanding how so many people seem to get a DUI but somehow find a way out of it. You either did it or you didn't, which one? If you are successful in getting it reduced to a wreckless than that is what your DL record will show. HOWEVER!!! A criminal background check will show the original offense and then what it was reduced to, so, DUI will be able to be found. In my opinion, and that is all that it is, just an opinion, if you are asked about it you should explain the whole situation and why it was reduced to wreckless. I don't know if you are asking this question in relation to how to handle it in an interview or on paperwork but, if you choose to disclose what really happened and only say that you have a wreckless driving charge, when the truth comes out you WILL look like you were trying to hide it. The bad thing is that most rational people will wonder what else you are hiding. Face it, you messed up, we all make mistakes but do yourself a favor and take responsibility for it and accept it. Just because you find a loophole in the system or have a good lawyer does not mean it never happened, cops don't just give DUI's out for fun, they are usually rightly deserved. I am in no way trying to be crude or sarcastic because I understand your situation, I am just telling you the cold hard truth.

P.S. The reason I know so much on the subject of background checks is because I just completed 2 weeks of researching my own. Believe me, you would be suprised to see what can come up. My final thought is, if it was that easy for me to find it with a few bucks and the internet, anyone can find it.

Good Luck, God Bless..

Where do you go to find your background? I don't have anything negative - just would like to see what the report looks like.
The check lists everything, right? Like places you worked, etc?

there is no way in hell i would try to hide this. ive learned a valuable lesson in my life. its another bump in a long road. if i were to accept a wreckless it wouldnt be to cover up my life history for some body thats going to try to judge it in a matter of 25 minutes. financially it wouldnt hurt me as bad. i have a clean record for the past 24 years that ive been alive. this was a bad situation and i am ready to fight it until the end. but this was offered to me and just wanted to see what people thought. i would tell the gods honest truth...thats why i am postponing my interview until this is over. i could walk in right now and get hired if i wanted to, im not going to do that. I wanted unbiased opinions on the subject, thats why i said it was not dwi related. I dont need to go to the airlines I ve got a good paying job right now and would take about a 60,000 dollar paycut by doing so. But ive always wanted to fly for an airline. but i appreciate the constructive critisism.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back