Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
who pissed in your cheerios

miles otoole said:
Riiiiighttttttt. You'll never take concessions, you'll never furlough, bla bla, bla...Times are a changin' It'll start with retirement at 65, 10 flight hours per day , soon to be 12, followed by 120 seaters dominating the industry. ALPA will soon be the NHL.

What the hell does that have to do with my post??
I stated I wasn't interested in doing transcon turn arounds!
Are you looking to argue just to argue or are you just trying to be a tool??

In case you forget, my origional post read

Uh.... What do you think doing transcon turns will be. Sheer excitement?? I think not. Our JFK SEA legs are a killer! Then to turn around and do it again, no way. If you want to do that, knock yourself out, but not me.

yaks said:
UA has it right. No jumpseats for JB.

That seems like a good solution, but let us think that one a bit further. Next thing you know, UAL realizes that F9 is the big threat and denies them jumpseats. Then the ALPA poll says no change to age 60, yet SWAPA pushes ahead, ALPA carriers denies them the use of the jumpseat. In the mean time in TX, the Wright amendment is overturned, APA gets mad at SWAPA, what do they do, yep, deny jumpseats. Needless to say, U viewing LUV as the killer, says no to them. DALPA, having been forced to give up the pensions, due to it going away at UAL, decides to take that out on the UAL pilots and for good measures Airtran. So on and so forth.

That is the problem, once it starts, where will it end? Next thing you know, jumpseats are a thing of the past.

Dizel8 said:
That seems like a good solution, but let us think that one a bit further. Next thing you know, UAL realizes that F9 is the big threat and denies them jumpseats. Then the ALPA poll says no change to age 60, yet SWAPA pushes ahead, ALPA carriers denies them the use of the jumpseat. In the mean time in TX, the Wright amendment is overturned, APA gets mad at SWAPA, what do they do, yep, deny jumpseats. Needless to say, U viewing LUV as the killer, says no to them. DALPA, having been forced to give up the pensions, due to it going away at UAL, decides to take that out on the UAL pilots and for good measures Airtran. So on and so forth.

That is the problem, once it starts, where will it end? Next thing you know, jumpseats are a thing of the past.

Which would eventually lead to exactly what mgt wants. All pilots forced to live in base because they can not commute, makes you wonder, hummmmmmmmm.

after significant study, i have determined that anybody who advocates denying the jumpseat for personal or political reasons should have his balls cut off and stepped on repeatedly.

grow up, you idiots. i'm so tired of hearing this lunacy. for the love of god, if that's the most appropriate action you can come up with to change the world, you apparently are as well-adjusted to societal processes as a kindergartner.

rptrain said:
after significant study, i have determined that anybody who advocates denying the jumpseat for personal or political reasons should have his balls cut off and stepped on repeatedly.

grow up, you idiots. i'm so tired of hearing this lunacy. for the love of god, if that's the most appropriate action you can come up with to change the world, you apparently are as well-adjusted to societal processes as a kindergartner.

No, you want to step them repeatedly while they are still attached so he can feel the full pain.... Then once he is you are satisfied (an hour or two of stomping), then cut them off and give them back to him so he can remember what it use to be like.

FNG

QUESTION:

What cruise Mach does JB use?

I was looking at our in-house jumpseat web screen and it shows 5+29 for a EWR-LAX DC-10 (Mach .83) leg and 4+58 for a LAX-EWR leg (same airplane) for a scheduled block time of 10+27. Obviously jetstream winds have a lot to do with cruise time but I think a DC-10 is a lot faster than an A-320. Minimum duty for a WCT would be 12+57 if everything was on time.

So what kind of block time would an A-320 get flying JFK-LGB-JFK?

IB6 UB9 said:
It You are so easy to read. GL, you remind me of taint. Do you know what taint is? Taint is that little piece of skin down there. It is between the man's hanging boys and the brown rasberry where a man expels his waste. If you work really hard, you can wash that area clean, but it returns to a yellow distasteful color after a few uses. Just like you. You are "friendly" (washed clean) every once in a while to someone who agrees with you but you soon return to your ugly yellow cowardly color when you find someones thread to ride on. Then you spew your industry dribble, your Delta biased bile for a good 10 to 12 threads, until you need some comfort. Hence the yellow color seen in most threads. Soon after, you can be found latching on to numerous poster's comments for a little much needed moral support, and "running with the devil" for a while. Shame on you General Lee, for becoming TAINT. For being so yellow, cowardly, a tomcat belly-slinking around. I hope someone is able to "wipe you clean" someday.

Ah yes... the standard response on this forum when disagreeing with an opinion, respond with a venomous personal attack.

Perhaps a few sips of the koolaid will calm your frazzled nerves...

fr8doggie said:
QUESTION:
So what kind of block time would an A-320 get flying JFK-LGB-JFK?

For info only, not for flight planning purposes:)

5:43 out and 4:42 back today!

Latest resources

Back