• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DW is mad at Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe it is both...my girl refers to it as taint. Ask her...she likes a good debate!

B6Guy said:
Lets see: DC-7 or A320, 8 hours is 8 hours.
Give me a break!!

All this angst about arriving at JFK during the 'evening rush' or 'bad weather' And arrival into JFK is the same in bad weather [actually easier!] as in VFR.

Please, am I the only one here who thinks that this response is stupid. Flying in bad weather (snow, ice, thunderstorms, ect) is "actually eaiser then VFR". Try explaining that one to the FAA. I would love to be able to do my next recurrent in the "harder" Day light only visual Sim. Maybe you can talk them out of requiring those 500/500/500 takeoff's, they are way to easy anyway.

The Bus autolands, so if it is crap WX let it land. Are you too tired to hang onto the tiller and taxi to the gate??

So B6 should have hired a monkey instead of you. That snow storm last month when Polar was sitting at the end of RWY 4 (after sliding off the end). The wx at JFK was aweful that night but your answer after a west coast turn for the guy arriving into JFK on the flight prior to or just after Polar slid off the rwy:

the same guy who:
Just flew 28 hours in 3 days is;
Who has been flying all week on the back side of the clock because he is a west coast commuter;
Who is rushing, because he was to hours late off gate because he had to fly through that "actually easier" west coast rain/thunder shower;
Who wants to try and catch the last commuter flight back home;
Let me get this straight your answer is: "just do an Auto land if you are tired"
Tell me that all B6 guys aren't this pathetic

And all the angst about a tough duty day, how tough is JFK-ROC-JFK-FLL-JFK for 7:50 ?? This is easy?? with maybe three different cabin crews to be briefed? Throw in ten wheel chairs in and out of FLL and try to stay on schedule. THis is easy??

I agree that it is tough but no one is running to the FAA trying to make it any worse, oh yeah that's right you guys are.

Or have a 0600 show, 0700 go and return at 1930. Brief once, only one turn, load the box once or twice, piece of cake.

And instead of 7:50, credit would be 11:50.

Get to the 'pad at 2030, asleep by 2130, up at 0500, back at it again.

Sounds like heaven to me. My bank account is salivating.

Everyone is foaming at the mouth over this, read the proposal. Lets see what happens

If mgt has the ability to build these types of pairings today imagine what they can build if you only open the door a little further. If it bothers you than just go to the USAToday or the WSJ and explain to them how bad the current system is. No one says the current system is perfect but it's the rules we all play by and some how we all manage to get the job done

I will keep it real symple for you and anyone else who trys to justify it.

EXPLAIN TO US HOW THIS IMPROVES SAFETY!.
If you can some how manage to tell yourself that the NASA, FSI , Yada Yada studies are a bunch of BS. I would love to hear how this improves safety.

No need to respond this was one of the most pathetic post I have ever read.

Last edited:
V2+10 said:
I Maybe I'm wrong, if not...Show me the DATA!

V2

I saw him yesterday...
He was dodging a laser drill...

Gotta love android crewmembers..

That's the final solution you know..
Borg or Android pilots...

Just listen to G Lee..
The amount of time he spends on a keyboard..
He must be hard wired to it....

Too bad for the bad programming!

"So B6 should have hired a monkey instead of you."

Actually, they tried to replace us with monkeys, but apparently there was a small problem: the monkeys would work for peanuts, not blue chips.

IB6 UB9 said:
It You are so easy to read. GL, you remind me of taint. Do you know what taint is?

You are where I use to be ....

But I've thrown in the towel..
At least symbolically..

He's tooooo predictable!!!

Plus..
Have pity on him...
Its a tough thing facing all this work related doubt and anxiety..

Saw a lot of that during my brief USAirways stint..

(is today April 1?)

You answered yourself

g4g5 you answered yourself. From a safety standpoint you stated 'the guy who just flew 28hrs in three days on the wrong side of the clock' . This is exactly what this exemption is proposed to reduce!!! Fewer pairings flying day after day on the wrong side of the clock!!! DOH!! If the guy is a west coaster who commuted in and didn't get enough rest he's a fool. Shame on him!

As for 'easier in bad WX' Yes, in bad WX the controllers don't try to cram as many approaches into the same time span, ask you to see that G4, or RJ 'only' 4 miles in front of you so you can 'follow him, cleared for the visual' . Or worse having to follow right behind a heavy with light winds and deal with the wake. The longer downwind legs in bad wx are a drag, but needed for the approach spacing. What's the problem?

So yes, bad WX makes the approach environment easier, that's the way I see it. As for Ice, thunderstorms, rain etc. Those decisions are for the most part taken away from us in the NY area, the traffic is diverted or put in holding patterns till the WX improves. If the WX is getting exciting, you aren't going to be sleepy anyway.

You are compairing 'arriving at JFK' at the end of one of these exempted WCTs to a 500/500/500 takeoff. This is compairing apples to oranges. There will be a rest period after a WCT. Before you leave on your next trip. If you can't handle them, don't bid them.

As for the Autoland, maybe you haven't seen what the Bus can do, it is amazing how well it can autoland. Maybe you need to check it out. If the wx is so bad that the autoland is not allowed, then make a 'command decision' and go to another airport!

And if you are a G4/G5 guy, you know how easy a turn with a downloaded flight plan is. Piece of cake. You know the workload in a full glass cockpit, what do you do that wears you out so? Memorize the flight manual? Study for a class?? Are you nervous being a pilot. ??

Re-read your paragraph about the guy who is just before or just after [??] the Polar flight that went off the runway. After a WCT. Then you try to tie it into a guy who who has flown 28 hrs on the wrong side if the clock. Who is chasing after his commute home, etc. I don't see the correlation.

As for patheic posts your's takes the prize, sit back and take a breath or two. You are flying a G5?? on Salary?? so I can see maybe you have an interest in this: more work for the same pay. If you flew by the hour like a 121 guy does you would see that this exemption could improve your QOL drastically
You are not scheduled, so I doubt it could ever effect you. So I'm not sure you 'have a dog in this fight'

CHILL OUT wipe the foam off your lips Relax. It will be at least a year for any outcome anyway.

G4G5 You seem to have a lot to say about this. I am curious, how many pilots does your company use on the GV. And what kind of trips do you fly under Part 91. From what I hear thats a pretty long range jet.

Better example

g4/g5, A better example of VFR being tougher than IFR: VFR, wind 220/12G22 JFK using the VOR 13L If it is IFR, then we use a straight in on the 22's, either an ILS, or RNAV/GPS, or VOR, all of which are much easier to do than the VOR 13L.
This is SOP at JFK.

Get it??

If JB wants to do turns that are over 8 hours there is a simple solution..... put a third pilot on the airplane!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back