• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Duty Time Limits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Read the contract. As bad as it is, CALAlpa still has domestic duty time limits that are less than the FAR's (depending on the show time).

I don't know if there is a copy of the "redbook" contract that was in effect at CAL before the '83 strike but it's quite likely that it contained domestic duty time limits more restrictive than the FAR's.

I would be shocked if there is a passenger airline contract in force that is better than what existed at that same airline before deregulation.
You are correct. There are some areas that are "better than" FAR. Not many, but some.

What year (decade) did each of the following pilot groups negotiate duty time limits more restrictive than the FARs (domestic, two pilot operations).

Airtran -
AMR -
CAL -
Delta -
NWA -
Southwest -
United -
USAiways -

Thanks

You don't want Alaska so I won't give it to you.

Thanks was that the first appearance?

I don't have the old agreement handy, but I'm pretty sure that was the first time it was in the agreement.

Was going to put a copy of USAir West's in but since I can't insert the image, the hell with it. Too much work. The quick version,

The longest: Start time: 0601-1300 Scheduled: 13 Actual: 14:30
The shortest:Start time: 2201-0230 Scheduled: 9:30 Actual: 10:30

Everything else fits in the middle. I don't know what the East guys do but I'm guessing it sucks as much as FAA regs.

Last edited:
Do you know which decade we achieved better than FAR duty limits?

I have the CBAs for all the airlines that I listed and Alaska (sorry) but I'm trying to determine when, what year, the duty time limit was FIRST negotiated to be more restrictive than the FARs.

Sorry I was not more clear in with my first post.

For instance it was in 19XX for UAL?

the SWA one I listed was for our new contract. sorry, do not have the one previous to that.
The previous SWA contract was signed in 1994 and had duty days lower than FAR. However I'm fairly certain that lower than FAR duty days were in place before that.

Latest resources

Back