UPS
SWA

Maybe:

AirTran

Possibly:

jetBlue

Potentially:

AmWest

Now I will put away my crystal ball. Don't shoot the messenger, its just a personal opinion, based on personal things. Please don't anybody from any of the carriers in the list take offense, I don't have anything against any of them.

FJ

I wouldn't call any airline a "nearly sure thing"

I put them all in the "time will tell" category

capt. megadeth said:
I wouldn't call any airline a "nearly sure thing"

I put them all in the "time will tell" category

You could put EVERY corporation in the world in the "time will tell" category ... way to go out on a limb.

Here's a few hints about one of those above companies;

World's largest transportation company
been in business since 1907
moves 6% of the U.S. GDP daily
360,000 employees
approaching $40 billion in total revenue annually
posts a $3.5 billion annual profit
delivers to more than 200 countries and territories
Fortune ranks it as America's third most financially sound corporation

<sound of Jeopardy jingle in the background>

<sound of Jeopardy jingle in the background>[/QUOTE]

I'll take The Rapist for $600, Alex.

Suck it Trebek!

Well, my crystal ball is saying the same thing to me........I just hope they call me for an interview sometime before mandatory retirement age. :)

Well here goes nothing... I heard a theory that makes perfect sense. But first you need to remember a little history from your Airline Industry college courses. Since the 50's every decade has had a cyclical rhythm of growth and decline. The first half of every decade is always a crisis of one sort or another, furloughs, bankruptcies, all kinds of problems, while the second half of every decade has out-grown the down turns by leaps and bounds.

I heard an interesting theory that involves writing an algorhythm computer program to plot out the airline industry up & down cycles. The good news is, according to the program, we will begin a period of constant growth in mid 2006. This period of growth will out do any previous expansion that airlines have ever experienced. It will be a serious boom market by the end of the decade, around 2009.

The bad news is, the downturn will be the most pronounced ever. The same airlines that are teetering on the brink today will probably make it this time around, but those that have not learned from their mistakes will take the brunt of the next downturn. The algorhythm plots out each up and downturn being more pronounced than the previous decade. My prediction is not many airlines will survive past 2015. At least not in their present form.

Star Trek Transporters....

...the US government just spent some money on researching the feasabilty of transporters.

Once they come up with that, we are all out on the street. they will even transport the empty hulls to the desert....or is it dessert.

It's almost midnight, time to eat!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back