Dust off the Chrystal Balls...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fed Ex vs UPS

Why do you guys always rank FedEx above UPS? When it comes to job *preferences*, I could see a rational argument, but when it comes to the financial stability of the corporation, why are you guys always ranking UPS at the bottom? Big brown isn't exactly a struggling company.

With regards to pax carriers, it's a little premature to claim that WN is invincible... All airlines have increasing costs as they mature, and when WN stops growing, it is inevitable that their costs will catch up with them, putting them in a vulnerable position.

What was I thinking....

Thanks a bunch FJ for being the only one who answered the question.

Lists, lists....I want lists.....

I think something to keep in mind is that there will be growth. The problem is what type of growth? Mainline or Express type? If the past 10 years in any indication we will have jobs but at Mesa rates.

Does anybody know who made more Fedex or UPS.And at the major levels I think Cal and Nwa are doing the best.

UPS (They are the strongest)
FedEX (Not going anywhere)

The only thing these guys have to worry about are pay cuts and efforts by management to break up unions or outsource flying.

Southwest (Even if they do start losing money I hear they own their own planes, they can flip those bad chickens and stay in business forever) I figure they are as secure as the cargo folks.

Airtran and Jetblue - It depends on management and the economy and oil prices. Is it good if oil comes down and now legacies can use their size to start price wars and lose money on routes just to hurt their competition? Have they learned that ignoring LCC's is a bad decision and will they use their size to advantage when things get better? Will these guys get bought out? With pilots being tacked on to the bottom of someone elses list? If oil prices get higher how will they take advantage of a UAL or USair going out?

America West - Seem to be losing money like every other legacy. Just not as bad as USair or UAL. Will they merge with another carrier? I think probably. But what happens when a company losing money merges with another company that is just hanging on, or losing money also? (Applies to pretty much everyone except Southwest). What if they merge with Continental or Alaska or Whoever. Do two sick puppies make a healthy dog?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back