Dust off the Chrystal Balls...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1-tacan-rule

Okay, I know that no one knows the future for sure. But with the thousands of years of industry experience on this board I was curious what the masses thought.

In order, which company has the best chances of surviving the next 10, 15 years;

FDX
UPS
SWA
jBlue
Airtran
AmWest

Not asking who is going under...just who has the best chance of being around.

A lot of us are looking for jobs in this industry...alot of you have them. Many of us have seen what many of you have gone through and would love to hedge bets to avoid those rollercoaster rides.

Thanks!!!!!

In my Crystal ball, I see SONG taking over like the BORG. Everyone will want to fly a green and white 757 with better IFE than Jetblue!

As far as the rest goes, I have no idea. Fuel prices will play a big part in who will stay or go, and the cargo carriers don't seem to have a large problem with that. With what USAir has had to go through, maybe a lot of airlines will stick around. How many times did everyone think USAir would be gone "tomorrow.....?" They aren't gone yet......

Bye Bye--General Lee

AirTran is looking pretty strong with the lowest non fuel CASM in the business and consistent above average numbers in all four DOT categories.

General Lee said:
In my Crystal ball, I see SONG taking over like the BORG. Everyone will want to fly a green and white 757 with better IFE than Jetblue!

Bye Bye--General Lee

You just can't keep from sticking it to your competition, huh?
Yes .... we are to blame for all YOUR problems.....

I'll sit in a NEW A320 with oversized overhead bins... with FOUR flight attendants for 156 passengers.... with 36... yes ... 36 channels of DIRECTV ... 2 Fox pay per view channels and 100 channels of XM radio before I go ride in an old 757 with galley carts blocking the aisles all the time and an interior that looks like a color freakshow...and esp. ego driven blowhard DELTA PROFESSIONALS up front....

Last edited:
8vATE said:
You just can't keep from sticking it to your competition, huh?
Yes .... we are to blame for all YOUR problems.....

I'll sit in a NEW A320 with oversized overhead bins... with FOUR flight attendants for 156 passengers.... with 36... yes ... 36 channels of DIRECTV ... 2 Fox pay per view channels and 100 channels of XM radio before I go ride in an old 757 with galley carts blocking the aisles all the time and an interior that looks like a color freakshow...and esp. ego driven blowhard DELTA PROFESSIONALS up front....

Hey, dude, chill out. I was joking here. Doesn't it seem like it? Think about it, why would I include that? That was a fun jab at you guys. You really need to take some Ex-Lax. Seriously, you have some major grudge against us----not me. I have not said anything bad about the Jetblue pilot group---never. I have good "debates" with Diezel 8, Jetblue320, and a host of others. We like to "rib" each other. You need to relax chief and clean out your colon----go to a spa.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You need to relax chief and clean out your colon----go to a spa.
LOL...Gee General...I didn't know you cared about my colon's health!

Maybe I'll just keep working on those salads!

With all the new LLC competition I think most are airlines are walking on thin ice of being succesful long term. If that virgin USA ever becomes, that will be another blow to lowering fares to make competition for success and making money for all the other airlines that harder. In 5 years when JetGreen, TranAir, West American start flying as the new premier LCC like jetblue and Airtran of today, they will have the cheapest labor around allowing the cheapest fares then putting a hurt on the Legacy jet blue Airtran etc. Things will be interesting. When a new LCC air frieght opeartor starts flying or when cabotage becomes a reality then the fedex, ups, DHL will be looking for help. DAL new turnaround plan should be take every seat out of every plane and over night become 100% air cargo company called DELTA DASH andfollow the likes of FEDEX UPS. They will have a brand new cargo facility available to them in CVG soon when DHL leaves!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back