• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dumbpilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FWIW, he probably can't see the wingtip from the cockpit.

You will learn this once you fly a large airplane that you CANNOT see the wing at all from the cockpit of most larger airplanes. If he was on the J line then it is in no way his fault. If he was being directed by ground personel then it was in no way his result. Its pretty easy to play monday morning QB but I would be willing to bet that the dumb ass was whoever was directing the aircraft at that time.

You will learn this once you fly a large airplane that you CANNOT see the wing at all from the cockpit of most larger airplanes. If he was on the J line then it is in no way his fault. If he was being directed by ground personel then it was in no way his result. Its pretty easy to play monday morning QB but I would be willing to bet that the dumb ass was whoever was directing the aircraft at that time.

What do you expect from someone who went to THE Ohio State University? :rolleyes:

Didn't even stop. You know they had to feel that. And the marshaller probably didn't signal a stop either.

Looks to me that the wing struck the part of the box truck that quite possibly had its ass end parked outside of the white line (Reference the other box truck and where it was parked.).

Hmm. I guess there's a reason for that white line.

Airplane gates in some parts of the world aren't spacious as you may be used to, samballs. Indeed, the Captain probably couldn't see his wing and probably should've stopped.

But, karma's a bitch, pal. Here's hoping you're not responsible for being shown on break.com for all of the FI world (and our Monday Morning Aviating) to see...

If you fly it in it will fly out right?

j/k btw

Be safe out there.

Latest resources

Back