• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dubai Hotels?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like pick your flavor on the Jumeirah strip (JBH, Sofitel, etc.). Be sure to swing by the Burj al-Arab (the one that looks like a sail), if you have the $$$ that would probably be a nice place to stay.[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

The JW has my vote as well. Very nice sports bar in the basement.

Heading to Dubai on April 3rd. Any hotels suggestions?

Thanks

Would that be May 3rd?

Typhoonpilot's advice on hotels depends on what you want to be near and what kind of activity you like (day or night).. Typhoonpilot hates Deira with a passion and only goes there when absolutely necessary. This eliminates places like the JW Marriott, Traders, Hyatt Regency, etc. Okay, some of the places on the Deira side of the creek that are "on the creek" are okay, but otherwise I wouldn't stay there.

If it's after hours activity and the seedier side of things that are your thing then the Bur Dubai side of the creek is the place to be. Remember this acronym "CITY", it stand for Cyclone ( presently closed for two weeks according to my sources ), Imperial Suites, TGI Thursday's ( in the Astoria Hotel ), and York ( York Club in the York Hotel ). Cyclone on open days is definitely worth a visit, just for the spectacle of the "United Nations of Hookers". The York used to have a good band, but alas the present one is rather crap and it's very dark ( if you get my drift ) in there. Remnants of the old York band can now be found at the Music Room in the Majestic hotel. My pick for best place to stay in Bur Dubai would be the Dhow Palace. The Movenpick is conveniently close to Cyclone as is the Emergency room of the American Hospital should you require their services afterwards ;) . Jimmie Dix in the Movenpick can be a happening bar certain nights of the week. The two best Chinese restaurants in Dubai are also within walking distance, Spring Bamboo and Lan Kwei Fang. The Grand Hyatt Dubai is also reasonably close to this area and a very nice hotel.

Typhoonpilot suggest visitors to Dubai stay on the beach in one of the better hotels. TP's top choice in that regards is presently the Madinat Jumeirah. It's a fantastic hotel with good restaurants, facilities, and setting. The Jumeirah Beach Hotel would be another good choice as it's close to the Madinat complex and right next to Wild Wadi ( the water theme park ). These places are also an easy cab ride to the Mall of the Emirates. If you go further out to the One and Only Royal Mirage ( which was top pick prior to the Palm being built ) then you get into a construction area that really makes for a less than pleasant experience. Nice hotels out there, but the downsides outweigh the positvies. If necessary the Le Meridien Mina Seyahi or Habtoor Grand Resort and Spa would be okay.

Another option is to stay right along the Sheikh Zayed road. These places are convenient to Bur Dubai and closer in to the city. They are very close to the convention center. It would include the Fairmont, Crown Plaza, Dusit Dubai, and Towers Rotana Hotel. Good clubs and bars in some of these hotels and a lot of Emirates cabin crew live in this area. Zinc in the Crowne Plaza being a top choice. Happy hour is always good at Long's Bar in the Towers Rotana or Harvesters in the Crowne Plaza ( 10 Dirham Heineken Drafts ).

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back