• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dtw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Public transportation is non-existant here in the murder capital. I would recommend buying an old car and avoiding the roads at night if you're on reserve.

Otherwise you can do what I do. Get a room at a roach hotel like the Days Inn or Quality Inn which costs 40 bucks a night with a crew discount. If you want cheaper, theres the Howard Johnson but they have a slight hooker problem right now. I average around four stays a month which is well worth it when you have your own privacy. I also think there are some crashpads available over at the Clarion. Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Public transportation from your crashpad in dtw is you buying a 500 dollar pinto and sharing it with all your best crashpad friends. :)

With a handle like "Riddle Eagle18," what is the over/under on this dweeb's life expectancy in a place like DTW on public transit?

-One week? (Or perhaps should we just measure it in hours?)

-Better not take any lunch money, white bread-this ain't exactly the dorm down at the beach we are talking about here. I know things could be known to get a little testy during a mean game of World of Warcraft for you guys, but at least the other dorks were not armed with real grenades and molitov cocktails.

ohhh this thread is bringing back memories of flying competitions against riddle... we always lost of course but at least we made friends... Riddle was too busy looking at themselves in the mirror to go out and drink beer with us.

Disclaimer* there are exceptions and i do have a couple friends from riddle who are good people. if you are one of them then i am not referring to you.

Smart is the bus system outa KDTW....if your looking for a pad with a so so walk (distance I am talking about) p.m. me. Your best bet is a car.....sucks.....but thats life in the 313.

First off, public transportation is nearly nonexistant in the region. Second Detroit long ago gave up the "murder capitol" title. It was passed on to Washington DC. I think now it's actually Atlanta. Either way there aren't enough people left in Detroit to make the top of the list anymore. Lastly, the airport is actually in Romulus which is the "734" not the 313.

With a handle like "Riddle Eagle18," what is the over/under on this dweeb's life expectancy in a place like DTW on public transit?

-One week? (Or perhaps should we just measure it in hours?)

-Better not take any lunch money, white bread-this ain't exactly the dorm down at the beach we are talking about here. I know things could be known to get a little testy during a mean game of World of Warcraft for you guys, but at least the other dorks were not armed with real grenades and molitov cocktails.

and yet you are the one with over 1200 post on the aviation web board.

Does anyone know if any of the hotels run crashpads? Ive heard of a few doing this in the past.

Latest resources

Back