DTW question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sayagain?

I'll be finishing up a trip in DTW this week and will be attempting to jumpseat home on Northwest. Does anyone know if pilots in uniform and with and airline ID are allowed to go thru secutiry withouth going to the ticket counter to obtain a pass? Thanks for any information.

sayagain?

you won't have any problem! You don't even need to be in uniform. I've jumpseated all over this fine country (mostly on NWA and UAL), usually without a uniform and had no problems at all!

Good Luck and have fun!

I don't think he quite understood your question. Click here for a list of the airports, from the TSA website, where a boarding pass is required prior to passing the security checkpoint. Note that DTW is on the list. I know that many of these airports have an "Employees Only" checkpoint, which you can pass with only your ID; and at others, if you are heading to a concourse which is served by your own airline, this does not apply. However......

Your results may vary.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so sure about getting through security on good looks and an ID. There are still a few airports that won't let you through security without some kind of pass. Most of the time the jump seat pass THAT YOU YOURSELF fill out is all that is needed.

With all the flying that we do in DTW I would be pretty sure that you could get through security there. Post a message on the ataflightcrews.org web site to Tod Marcus and he could definitely answer your question.

Latest resources

Back