DTW last Tuesday night

plattsburgher

Total Time
Did anybody on this board fly into Metro Tuesday night and see the big chem plant explosion on final? I was curious how close it was to final, how far off you could see it, etc.

j41driver

Total Time
plattsburgher said:
Did anybody on this board fly into Metro Tuesday night and see the big chem plant explosion on final? I was curious how close it was to final, how far off you could see it, etc.

I was overnighting in DTW at the Four Points Sheraton right near the airport and I could see the fire about 3 miles away out my room window. Flames had to be around 400 feet in the air at times.

Jetjockey

Stay thirsty my friends
Total Time
18K+
I bet it looked like Halloween Eve from years past.

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
Jetjockey said:
Do you mean back in the olden days when druids were around, or like a couple of years ago?

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Total Time
>12000
looked like LA a few years back :rolleyes:

Crizz

Big Member
Total Time
Almost
FNG24 said:
Gas will be ten bucks a gallon by friday......lol

Actually it was the plant that recycles the glycol for DTW. I'm sure the price of glycol will double as result.

WorldOnTime

Dumb A-- Ashy Larry
Total Time
Jetjockey said:

Ah yes, good old Devil's Night. The best thing the City of Detroit could invest in is a full time bulldozer to get rid of the burnt buildings.

AZ Typed

Hobby's Flyin
Total Time
WorldOnTime said:
Ah yes, good old Devil's Night. The best thing the City of Detroit could invest in is a full time bulldozer to get rid of the burnt buildings.

How about a fleet to bulldoze the whole city down and start over? Heh!

kc81900

Total Time
9000+
I was taxiing out on the west side when the explosion occured. It was a huge explosion a few miles west of the airport. I was taxiing out in JFK on 9/11 also bad things happen when I taxi.

magrs

Total Time
6000+
Plattsburgher,

Your gonna have to explain the moniker a bit. I spent my fair share of nights passed out on the floor somewhere in Plattsburgh! I just wanna know if we ever crossed bar stools?

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Total Time
>12000
or swords