• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Drunk??????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those free language translation sites work great don't they. Here is what I got:

jaja they the netherlands veroveren they. nk site! hahaha

Probably the same thing the CIA uses. :)

RT

Affirmative! haha ;)

G'day

[]If it comes out that this guy was not drunk that security screener better be FIRED on the spot. All you pilots out there dont stand for this stuff. If they call you out say fine, but make sure when they bet wrong they get whats ritfully coming to them, a pink slip[/]

Haven't you heard? These guys are Government workers now. They can't be fired.

ASA

As the individual resigned, I think it would not be a stretch to think that he may have not done too well on the testing.

The dangers here are many. First, every screener and passenger will start smelling their flight crew. No more Bay Rum after shave. It is also interesting to note that as the individual did not get to the plane, he only faces license suspension and not a more severe penalty.

In effect, the screener saved him from jail.

Bad News

It is my understanding--after speaking to an exceptionally reliable source--that this individual has resigned. His situation is much more grim than I imagined as he (A) is only twenty-two years old, (B) just bought a house, because (C) his wife just had a baby this week. (In fact, they induced labor two weeks early since ASA agreed to let his benefits run for another two months. They didn't have to do it, and I guess it says a lot about the nature of this company that they did.)

I have made a couple of poor career decisions here-and-there, but this fellow's judgement is just...unfathomable. It's not my place to judge him, and even if it was...I can't understand what would cause someone to risk so much for a few drinks.

I am dissapointed about the further damage he did to all our reputations, though.

I still believe that there is a very small minority of commercial pilots that have a problem with alcohol. But, at the risk of sounding holier-than-thou, if you are in that minority, please, ask someone for help. We'll all do what we can as long as you don't wait until it's too late.

One last thing: this has the potential for causing security screeners to become wildly overzealous in their "duties." Everybody be very careful. Make sure you have witnesses at all times when passing through security! Crews, stick together: don't get caught alone with Barney Fife.

that's a sad story...

just curious...where were the other crewmembers when all this took place? why didn't they police this up before they even walked into the terminal?

Hey, I get paid .5 above guarantee for pee-pee tests. If thats what they want to do, fine by me. If you are not guilty, then there is nothing to worry about!

that's a sad story...just curious...where were the other crewmembers when all this took place? why didn't they police this up before they even walked into the terminal?

I'm a little fuzzy on this part of the story, but it sounded to me like the captain was not aware the F/O had alcohol on his breath until the security troops made an issue of it. (Possibly the F/O was not inebriated enough that his behavior was significantly out of whack.) After they cleared security--the security people decided they didn't have the authority to do anything but report the problem--the captain called a halt to the flight until the F/O could be dealt with.

Again, I'm not crystal clear on this part of the story. If anyone knows better, speak up. (Type up?) :rolleyes:

What we as crewmembers need to do is soak our ties and shirts in a pint of vodka overnight. We will go through security as normal and of course those morons will accuse us of being drunk. When our breathalyzer comes up as .000 we can look them right in the eye and say "Let me talk to your supervisor BIYATCH", and then file a lawsuit. Of course that would take some serious balls (which I don't have). That would be a good experiment for the guys approaching age 60.

lionflyer said:
When our breathalyzer comes up as .000 we can look them right in the eye and say "Let me talk to your supervisor BIYATCH", and then file a lawsuit.

ROFLMAO!!!

I only wish I could say that!

Latest resources

Back